The Nissan Club banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody knows the throttle body size on lastest Maxima?
I compared gaskets for a 4gen Altima and 8gen Maxima and the Altima's is a bit smaller. They both fit on both manifolds/collector but I'd like to know if both have the same inner size.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
Well, couldn't find any info so I had to order one. It is 85mm, it fits well on a 2017 Maxima Manifold (that fits perfectly on a 4th gen Altima).
But the throttle body doesn't get recognized by the system I think.
Does it make any sense that it doesn't work on the Altima, or it may be broken electrically?
Is there any way to open both and get a bigger one functional or it's too risky?

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Maybe the encoder signal is incompatible, or just a broken part? It was supposed to be working but you never know...

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is not compatible, the throttle position sensor is better on the Maxima, it has less wear and tear with that newer system.
I said it was 85mm but no, it is 80mm maxima and 70mm altima. Big difference! I sill have both throttle bodies lying around.
What I did is put 2016+ Maxima's intake manifold (upper, because lower are all the same) and my OEM TB bored at maxbore.com, only 3mm extra but at least is something.

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nope, I couldn't find a way to do that, nothing matches, all parts are different.
I'll se if I have more pictures and post them showing each one's inner parts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Pics:

Attachments

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, it looks like it is what it does. However, I read somewhere that you shouldn't play with that, becaause it messes up ihavenoideawhat. Idle speed can be adjusted via software (ie: uprev, bullydog).
When I first got this car, I also wanted more idle RPM because I was learning to drive MT (and the VQ is difficult because of all the inertia from the OEM crank pulley, it's too heavy and makes driving very jerky like no other car). However to get higher idle, what I used to do a few times was to unplug the MAF (with everything off, just in case) turn on the car and Engine Service Soon lights goes on. Then turn off, reconnect and that error will be there for a few days or miles, enough to learn MT with 1000RPM warm idle. I don't know if it's good idea or not but it helped me, now I feel OK with idle at 550RPM

·
Registered
38 Posts
I was wondering about the idle because of a Versa that I have. In D at idle with brakes applied, the engine has this odd random jerk to it every few seconds if that. When I give it a tiny bit of gas raising rpm 100-200 more it smoothes out.

I read how one guy had the same issue with his since it was new lol.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts