The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 93 altima (standard) that I got from a friend. She told me when she had the car, it would occasionally stall while driving. She had it looked at a few times, but no reason for the stalling. Since I've had the car, it happened to me. Actually, it starts bucking first, I pull over, and just before I am stopped, it stalls. Sometimes the check engine and oil light come on and sometimes they don't. I only have to wait a minute and I can drive again. That time it was on the highway. Other times it was on side roads. Sometimes a week will go by with no problem and other times it will happen repeatedly. I brought it to my mechanic and still no reason for the problem. HELP!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Super old post but adding to this due to my car having the exact same issue when I bought it and it may help someone down the road. Took me forever to figure out and former owner was a 20 year certified shop mechanic who gave up after many hours troubleshooting. Turned out to be a loose / bad connection at the MAF sensor plug causing my issue. He had already replaced the MAF and many other parts but overlooked the plug harness I guess.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts