The Nissan Club banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My altima stalls at almost every stoplight...when it idles it juss dies...but i can restart it and rev it up again...but once the car stops and the engine starts to idle..the car will die....i have changed the distributor, distributor rotor and cap, changed the battery, checked if there was a short in the ignition...idunno what to do..i have brought it in to a nissan mechanic..and he cant seem to find out whats wrong with it...and an independent garage..and they cant find anything wrong with it either....if anyone has the same problems or has any idea whats wrong let me know....

·
Registered
510 Posts
most likely you've got a vacuum leak somewhere on the intake. Exact same thing happened to me and I noticed I had a hose loose on my CAI.

·
Dad
316 Posts
do a search for idle air control valve - there has been a post on how to adjust it. I would think your nissan mech. would have tried that but it's worth a shot.

·
67 Posts
I had the same exact problem every time i came to a complete stop my rpms dropped to nothing and my car would just stall. 1st check your vacuum tubing just to make sure there is no cracks in the tubes and that everything is connected. Then put some fuel injector cleaner in your car, i would recommend using the Lucas brand. It might help to put it in on a 1/2 a tank of gas. Once i threw in the fuel injector cleaner i never had the problem again. Good luck, I hope this helps

·
A-arm brace man
87 Posts
it could be as simple as a the throttle body needing cleaning, try that first;)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts