The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the members, and my personal friend Alex M. has successfully swapped a 98 (2nd gen motor) into his 93 Altima (5spd). He did alot of engine work and added all boltons. I will post a detailed article and pictures when i get back on Sunday...

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
nismostanza:

Altimas are NOT slow... I'm faster than Integra GS/GS-R's in my SCCA STS car-class. I'm in second place in points, and I'm only trailing a Civic Si (with many many mods) by thousandths of seconds. I'm only running Ground Controls, Rims/Tires, and Stillen FTSB... other than that, I'm all stock with an Automatic to boot!

Maybe you're just not driving it properly. :p

But I'm still trading up for a 1997/1998 240SX... I'm getting tired of understeer. :D

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
PT, what kind of a league is that - dragging or autocross? And are you just an incredibly good driver or what??:eek:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Godzildo said:
PT, what kind of a league is that - dragging or autocross? And are you just an incredibly good driver or what??:eek:
It's AutoX.

I definitely think that I am an above-average driver, but I've never been paid to drive, nor have I ever taken any driving schools... so I don't really think I'm an expert driver. :p

Maybe a team owner who watches SCCA AutoX will notice me, beating up on Integras and Civic Si's with my daily-driver grocery-getter, and offer me a tryout for their driving team? I WISH!!! :D

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Actually, I've moved on from AutoX to Track Days... more money, but you get much more track time... and you get more speed too. :D

I've offered to take some Dot Net people with me, so they can ride along, but no-one's ever take up my offer except my neighbor's kids. :p They have a blast, and their parents hate me for getting them hooked on racing and speed. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
About this Discussion
15 Replies
14 Participants
victor
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing