The Nissan Club banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
NISSANCLUB.COM
6,244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
One of the members, and my personal friend Alex M. has successfully swapped a 98 (2nd gen motor) into his 93 Altima (5spd). He did alot of engine work and added all boltons. I will post a detailed article and pictures when i get back on Sunday...

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
nismostanza:

Altimas are NOT slow... I'm faster than Integra GS/GS-R's in my SCCA STS car-class. I'm in second place in points, and I'm only trailing a Civic Si (with many many mods) by thousandths of seconds. I'm only running Ground Controls, Rims/Tires, and Stillen FTSB... other than that, I'm all stock with an Automatic to boot!

Maybe you're just not driving it properly. :p

But I'm still trading up for a 1997/1998 240SX... I'm getting tired of understeer. :D

·
hard on equipment
2,104 Posts
PT, what kind of a league is that - dragging or autocross? And are you just an incredibly good driver or what??:eek:

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Godzildo said:
PT, what kind of a league is that - dragging or autocross? And are you just an incredibly good driver or what??:eek:
It's AutoX.

I definitely think that I am an above-average driver, but I've never been paid to drive, nor have I ever taken any driving schools... so I don't really think I'm an expert driver. :p

Maybe a team owner who watches SCCA AutoX will notice me, beating up on Integras and Civic Si's with my daily-driver grocery-getter, and offer me a tryout for their driving team? I WISH!!! :D

·
Tofu Shop Owner
3,704 Posts
Actually, I've moved on from AutoX to Track Days... more money, but you get much more track time... and you get more speed too. :D

I've offered to take some Dot Net people with me, so they can ride along, but no-one's ever take up my offer except my neighbor's kids. :p They have a blast, and their parents hate me for getting them hooked on racing and speed. :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.