The Nissan Club banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
aka PLMUZIKMASTER
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:confused: :confused: :confused:

I just bought a used 1993 Nissan Altima GLE... BUT THE RADIO DOESN'T WORK :angry2:

I had a hypothesis that the fuse was blown at the fuse station right above the hood release... it was... replaced it and radio still doesn't work...

When I went to the dealer, they said that the internal fuse of the radio was blown and I have to replace the whole radio...

But I don't have the money...

So, I am asking for anybody's help on the help of removing the console and radio to check it out for myself... (In other words, how do I remove the radio?)

·
Nissan Pimp *stolen*
1,036 Posts
TL said:
:confused: are you using a stock deck or an aftermarket one?

I'm not sure there IS an internal fuse in the stock one..
there is an 'internal' fuse in the radio. But it's on the board I believe. It's not like most aftermarket radios that have the fuse in the back. Even then I believe that fuse is only for the internal ampifier. Havent played with it yet though. Anyways, just shooting in my $0.02 and my hypotheses

·
Alty Go Boom
505 Posts
93nissanaltima said:
i did check that, was burnt out and replaced it, burned out again...

anyways, thanks guys/gals, but i'm going to buy a new KENWOOD radio... :D
sounds like theres a bad ground or short some where so becarful u might still blow that fuse even with a new radio

·
Registered
184 Posts
There's no internal fuse in the radio. I totally disassembled mine when I got my car (deck also didn't work) and I know for sure that there's no fuse in there. However, since you're getting a Kenwood deck, would you like to sell me your original deck? I found the fault on mine, and could probably fix it by mixing parts from yours and mine. Oh yeah and just to make sure - this is the original CD/Tape player out of a Bose system right?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts