The Nissan Club banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
okay, when i bought my 93 altima a few months ago i took it to nissan for their 27-point inspection as a starting point of what would need replacing. they put a few things on the checklist that i finally now will be getting resolved. i'm hoping that some of you gan give me some hints as to what parts i'll need to get and other related components that might need to be replaced as well. i've never done any suspension work or anything (just brakes down there..that's it) so i'm a bit clueless as to what i'll need to purchase. don't worry...i won't be doing the work myself...i'll be taking it to a garage but i do want to purchase the parts myself.

okay, here it goes.
1) they remarked that my passenger side tie rod was worn. does this just mean the tie rod ends? do i need a seperator or anyhting when i purchase the tie rod? what about the driver's side...is it a good idea to replace that as well since the opposite side is worn?

2) right control arm was listed as "bushing worn out, completely rusted". ideally i'd like to get a non-rusted control arm from a junkyard altima (it's really an expensive part, and with good reason i suppose). anything else i'd need to buy new with this part?

3) nissan didn't find this but i have a leaking cv boot...so i'll be buying 2 reman. axles. figure as long as that needs to be done, do it at the same time.

lastly, i have this "weeek weeeek weeek" noise coming from the wheels (i've read other threads on this) and it was suggested that it might be a wheel hub in need of replacing...do you think any of my previously mentioned problems might have something to do with that.

this is a long winded post i know...but you folks are just a wealth of info! thanks a lot for any info/ideas!

*jared

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nah, i like this car.

apart from a control arm being rusted out (like mine, apparently) they really don't wear out unless they become bent, like in an accident, right?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts