The Nissan Club banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
The Minnesota Member
1,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just driving down a local highway today (speed limit 50 mph) and I pulled up at a stop light. Up pulls a 2001 Ford Ranger XLT SuperCab (4.0L V6, 207 HP) with a young guy behind the wheel. I didn't think anything of it. When the light turned green, I must have gotten on the gas a little too quick and I heard him floor it. So I did the same. We were neck and neck (I was gaining ever so slightly, though) until about 60 mph when I started gaining more on him. By the time I shut down at about 70-75 mph, I was about 1/2 to 1 car lengths ahead. I thought that was pretty good considering he hit WOT before I did.

Anyway, at the next light we pulled up and he smiled and nodded at me. I yelled out, "Nice run!" At this time, I proceeded to turn off the overdrive, hoping it would help me in our next run. The light turned green and we both floored it. He chirped the tires a bit, but we were both off. From the beginning, I was winning. Only by about a quarter panel, but I was ahead. We had to shut down early this time (bout 55 mph) because of traffic ahead of us, and by that time I was about a car length ahead.

I ended farther up the road than he did and got in the left-turn lane. When he drove by me he smiled and waved and I did the same.

Man, that was one of the nicest (as in the other guy was actually nice about it) races I've had in a long time... Fun, too!

P.S. The only engine mods I have are a Stillen rear-section exhaust and Place Racing cold air intake.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hey Mohamed, message to you.
Check out ( How hard is to kick out an Si ) an give your oppinion about stock Altys, right.
Nice...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts