The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My friend has owned this car for a while and we just finally got to race it. Were both autos. At the light, it was a perfect setup, the light switched and he had me off the line, he continued to keep a half a car length lead until i shifted into seecond and hit 4000rpms . After that i might have had him but he shut down.
Now, im confused, were both rated at the same horsepower stock, and with my mods, i think is the reason i lost. The altima has more torque so why did i lose off the line? (aside i had a terrible launch bc i was cocky i was going to destroy him).
I think this goes to further the point made by rick that cat backs on an auto arent beneficial.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
2,228 Posts
One thing i've noticed about all accord auto's is that they shift incredibly quick and don't over-rev like alot of other domestics.A real race doesn't end in second gear!

·
Registered
4 Posts
:angry4: the 94 accord is not very powerful the vtech means nothing... I drove a 98 with vtech and it had no power my 96 altima would have easily taken her...it all goes down to driver....HOnda esignes their cars to rev really quick so by the time you get into 2nd the honda is close to getiing out of 3rd, thas why it beat you in the short run shift quick is the trick....in the long run say about 500 ft you would have taken her, if you can drive........................good luck next time:D

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ironic.......... youre absolutely right. I raced him again tonight, two times. Each taking him out by at least a car and a half AFTER first.
He gets me from first all the way up until i hit about 4000 in second. thats wheni take him. I OWN JOO VTEC ! !

·
Weekend Alcoholic
2,721 Posts
hondas are quick off the line in my opionion cause of their weight....well im not sure of the weight on a accord but that combined with quick shift would allow him to take you off the line

·
Registered
4 Posts
Re: vtechs are better cars

VTECman said:
Vtechs would beat nissan's any day!!
the only thing that hondas are good for is short light to light races after that they are worthless, unless you did major mods to it....you will be eating a nissans exaust in a quarter mile............:D :D nissan rules

G

·
Re: vtechs are better cars

VTECman said:
Vtechs would beat nissan's any day!!
i completely agree. vtechs would beat nissans.

however, nissans would, could, and do beat vtecs any day and twice on sunday. ;)

·
Registered
3 Posts
my guys vtec

I'm a nissan girl all the way. I've got a 99 gxe that's stock but I'm in the process of searching for some stuff to give me some more hp. Right now I'm only investing in small stuff like a K&N intake, exhaust etc. Any ideas of what else I can do without spending a small fortune?? Anyway, my boyfriend has a 94 accord ex stock & we are constantly arguing about our cars. I have to admit that his car is pretty damn fast even though I'm all for nissans. My car hasn't go much power from take off where his does. Why is this?

·
Registered
3 Posts
whatever

My accord goes 120 with no problems STOCK. You know to answer the question of who is better honda or nissan..you have to go bone stock to bone stock. That is the reason why a bone stock 94 altima against a 94 stock accord would be the test. I raced one who I let have a lead start off the light and I breezed by him like it was nothing. When we got to the "quarter mile" mark where "accords and altimas are suppose to be so different" I realized what you guys are talking about now....because it was getting hard to see him in my rear view mirror. My car is all stock just like the altima was (of at least I'm guessing) and if he was more than stock then that is even worse. By the way, I have 205,000 miles on mine with no problems and I still kicked his ass. :angry4:

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hey jerkoff, a 94 altima, STOCK, runs 16.9, 17 flat average. Your car, VTEC OF COURSE, oh wait, wait one second, yeah here,

vtecH runs 17.2 thank you, now you can go pray to the vtecH gods that its not everything its cracked up to be. thank you. :)

·
Honda/Acura AllMotor Guru
831 Posts
The only SOHC VTEC cars that are worth a damn have TWO banks of cylinders ....... and have the badge Type S on the end of them ....

Oh, and they both happen to be Acura models as well (CL, TL) .... all the rest are dawg azz turds ..... :p

·
Registered
4 Posts
99altimacuttie

the next thing that you should get and get some serious hp form is a chip and intake spacer you can probably get about 17-25 hp from chip maybe more and about 10-15hp from spacer....the reason accords take off very quick off the line as all to do with the gearing of the transmission. the tranny in an altima is geared for higher speeds even though it has a govenor... if your altima is stick you will kill that accords ass any day any time......:D :D

·
Registered
4 Posts
VTECMAN

120 is that all...whow....what the top speed of your car is is not really important it's how fast can you get there, and i know for a fact that an altima gets there faster..... 205,000 you should be proud...just to let you in on a little secret all jap cars can do that many miles and still run perfect, my dads last altima had just about 200,000 and it still could smoke a hondas ass like no tommorow....... why did you join a nissan club anyway, you want one but can't have one.....

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
VTECman, since our posts were deleted or lost, I have never lost to an Accord and probably wouldn't lose to you either.

·
350Z
5,899 Posts
Rick said:
VTECman, since our posts were deleted or lost, I have never lost to an Accord and probably wouldn't lose to you either.
I raced an accord all the way from Tempe to Phoenix going to Phnx Altima II's house on the highway. I constantly handed him his ass. He looked modified as hell with ricer lights everywhere. I/H/E/P. On the highway there is no match. Plus Rick's car is a highway monstor.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.