The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Posted earlier about front end noises and the responses were wheel bearings or axles.

Here is some more input. All brake components have been replaced, if you remove the caliper, and run the car (on Blocks) the noise will go away. Noise does not change with direction changes while driving. Also the noise does not change with brake application and is evidently speed related, appears at around 35MPH will go away under 15. rotors have been replaced and trued cant think of anything else.

Help.

TIA

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
When you run the car on blocks your also taking away the load of the car on the wheel bearings and anything else on the "axle" if you will. So the problem still might be there, but since you have no weight on it, it doesnt make any noise.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The noise continues when the car is on blocks. That is what makes me think that it isn't the wheel bearings.

Do you have any other ideas what it could be?

·
Cube Farmer
2,202 Posts
Oh, my bad, i read the post wrong. I read it as "it goes away" when the car is on blocks... Anyway, is it a certian gear that it makes noise in (i never read the first post)? It also could be the CV's or the angle the CV's go into the trans. It could be the fluid level (both auto and MT) or it could be the trans in general. It could be a belt noise, it could be an alternator, PS noise also. What exactly does the noise sound like??

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its a swishing sound, pulled the metal plates off the brake pads and it went away for awhile. Sounds as if there is some metal rubbing on the rotor but cant find anything. I think if it was a bearing it would change sound as you turn the wheels like on rwdrive when the axle bearing is going out.

Definitely seems to be brake related but cant figure out what it is!:(

1 - 5 of 5 Posts