The Nissan Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1997 Nissan altima that I picked up and it needed some work, but not as much as I am finding out. When purchased it ran great for the amount of miles engine wise, it just needed a full rack and pinion and power steering pressure hose. After I started making it my daily driver I noticed that it had a rough idle which would eventually turn into it dying. I am able to turn the key off and back over, sometimes it's rough on the start up. It will get to the peak of cranking and stumble over itself taking a little bit to start after cycling the key a couple times. I feel like it's fuel related, but everything I have tried has failed.

I started with the plugs, wires, cap and rotor. I have also replaced the valve cover gasket. After that I noticed the oil coming from the distributor so I replaced that. After a week or so the same problems were happening. I took it as a fuel issue because I can smell gas when the problems are going on. Since then I've replaced all four injectors and the fuel pressure regulator, EGR valve along with the EGR connector? I don't remember exactly what the part was called.

Please help. The two options I have for it are fuel pump and timing chain...

1 - 1 of 1 Posts