The Nissan Club banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
who would win?
I think it would be close. my friend wants to race his auto max...
neither of us have performance mods, but he does have a set of 17"ers - I would think that would give me more of an advantage.
what do you think?

:confused:

·
Registered
13 Posts
It might be close but I think the max will win. Auto vs 5sp does not matter that much if he has extra 40hp, unless he totaly does not know how to race with an auto, but the same goes for you, how good are you with manual?
A lot depends on the driver.

·
No more pomegranite boobs
1,027 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
been driving and racing a 5sp for 8 years now, like to think I'm pretty good at it.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I regularly race the Maxima.org guys...the 4th gen will still walk you, even w/the rims.
I take pleasure in seeing the Maxima in front of me...hehe. Read my other thread.
Jay

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
you will lose. i raced an auto maxima with an intake, downpipe, and exhaust and i lost by 0.5 seconds. my car is an auto and i have intake, header, exhaust, and a pulley.

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
You would think that you could take a 92-94 SE Maxima, but they're actually mid 15's stock...scary...Those 90-94 GXE's are sub 16's too...
Jay

·
isSs rolling a 2k3sentra
154 Posts
lol this is a nice subject...my friend has a white max auto i think 96 or 97...but yea we raced...i kept up through 1st and 2nd then he just started pulling...my friend with the maxima said that if my other friend would have driven my car...that the altima would win because i don't know how to shift that great...lol but yea he said i did alright since i am a 4 banger and he's a 6...also i kept up most of the way...i was always at his rear bumper...:p eRrm also i have a 01 special edition with the 155hp..so it might make a difference with the 5 extra horses to all you other year altimas...i'll race him again and try to take some pictures or get some video footage...:D oh yea...we're both stock

·
Be very afraid...
4,511 Posts
The Maxima has a very sweet 2nd gear spot in the auto. Our '96 GXE auto would just take off if I caught that spot the right way. The '00 Maxima has one too but it's not as sweet for some reason, even with more power. I could never beat either of our Max autos in my Alty 5-spds and I'm a good driver I think. :cool:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts