The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend just got a 2002 corolla and i was wondering if my 98 alty (stock) will beat his 02 corolla (stock) his is 125 horses at 125 ft pounds of torque. i should be able to smoke em right??? or is there too much of a weight difference???????

·
Registered
7,268 Posts
I think u'll beat him...i raced my boy, he has a '98 corolla (i dont know how much better the performance is for a '02) but I beat him.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Was it a kill or was it a good race??

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Has anyone else raced a corolla??? the 2002 has a 5 horsepower difference from the older models but i would thing i should still be able to smoke em but the corollas have the VVT engine??????

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
the 02 corolla's are out now??

they're pretty good engines.. feels powerful.. girlfriend has an 01 corolla LE... but we haven't raced yet

·
Faster than your Altima.
922 Posts
Ya, I raced a 96 Alti Vs. a 96 Corolla and a 98 Corolla. I beat them both, The 96 I Raped, but the 98. It Somewat kepted up. not like it was keepin up all the way, its juss that he was like a half car behind me. Ude beat him wit ur 98 Vs. his 02. Tell us wat happend.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well the 2002's have 5 extra horses and 5 extra ft pounds of torque but i still think i shouldn't have a prob. beaten em.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I cared my friend in a 01' corolla but I had 3 people in my car and he is small 130lb. Anyways, my bumper was barely in front of his the whole time.

·
Registered
109 Posts
oh come on the carolla has no contest my friend has i thin ka 93 and its nothing off the line his dinky engine is nothing. i think its only like a 1.8

·
Registered
242 Posts
Are you guys fuckin' serious?.... if I were only a bumper ahead of the corolla,
I would sell my alty. Come on, even with ooohhh 5 extra hp and torque that shits weak. I can take stick celica gt's that have th vvti shit. what the fuck guys.......seriously

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I am a big guy 240 lbs and I had my brother which is also 240 lbs and another friend which is easily 200 lb. That's why.

·
Turbo S13
861 Posts
damn that's a stupid question a corolla, I kill them all day they are slow as **** I raced one killed it by like 5 cars. I raced a moded 5spd altima got my ass kicked, am a auto so I lost by like 2 cars I have a cold air intake, and he had worm air intake I think that's why he got me so bad off the line than I had to play catch up.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I HAVE TWO BOYS AND ONE HAS A 95 corolla and a 01 and smoke both of them it had something but nothing to worry about just know what u doing and your str8. just keep the pedle to the middle and let them see your ass of your car and ask them when your done if any of your barke light are out and let me know what happen.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
I asked my friend for another race and this time I whooped his ass by 2 1/2-3 car lengths. So go ahead and race him, you'll waste him.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Dun dun dun!!!! Battle of the slow-mobiles!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have a 98 gxe, fully hyped up & I've raced several 00 & 01 Corollas before. There was only one that beat me onl because he was sprayin a double shot of nos. Every other one I've raced I've stomped on. I raced 2 on a 1/4 track and beat them by almost a second and a half each. Good luck and watch out for those nos junkies, you never know what they can do...
Altim8718

·
Deuce Four-CIB-OIF III
6,757 Posts
VVTI

I don't know, those VVTI engines are pretty good...I still think you'd kick the corollas ass...toyotas suck. But the VVTI engines are somewhat like the honda v-tec's...same principle anyways. Variable valve timing if you want to know what it means.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
V-Tech = blah

Did you know that V-tech was designed to save fuel economy and the intention of the design was not for racing. Stop quoting V-tech, why don't you go read something.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts