The Nissan Club banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, does this car have the same engine i read it has a 2.4L I-4 with 150hp and 155 of torqe. So is the engine the same or not because in japan they call it toyota cavalier. If i would race one would it beat me. Im just wondering thats all.

·
got widebody?®
1,546 Posts
Dude...I'm seriously confused on the Toyota part....Chevy = Toyota in Japan??????????? I don't think so.......

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
Actually I'm sure it is the same thing. Toyota and GM have been known to share projects in the past. Geo prizms/toyota corollas in the early 90's and the Toyota matrix/pontiac Vibe for 2003

, does this car have the same engine i read it has a 2.4L I-4 with 150hp and 155 of torqe. So is the engine the same or not because in japan they call it toyota cavalier. If i would race one would it beat me. Im just wondering thats all.
if you are talking about the z24 motor then yes they would be the same as I don't ever remember hearing of toyota making a 2.4L

And stock to stock Yes it should beat you. They run about a 15.5-15.7 1/4 5spd. but it would come down to drivers really as the alty is not much slower.

·
Turbo S13
423 Posts
taz said:
Actually I'm sure it is the same thing. Toyota and GM have been known to share projects in the past. Geo prizms/toyota corollas in the early 90's and the Toyota matrix/pontiac Vibe for 2003

if you are talking about the z24 motor then yes they would be the same as I don't ever remember hearing of toyota making a 2.4L

And stock to stock Yes it should beat you. They run about a 15.5-15.7 1/4 5spd. but it would come down to drivers really as the alty is not much slower.
"yes it will beat you" what are you talking about I raced a Z24 or a 3.1L cavalier beat it by like 5 cars there slow but moded they are kindda fast stock ones are so very slow.

·
Premium Member
2,009 Posts
IanX12 said:

"yes it will beat you" what are you talking about I raced a Z24 or a 3.1L cavalier beat it by like 5 cars there slow but moded they are kindda fast stock ones are so very slow.
Ya that's the 3.1L V6 they only had 140 hp and a crappy izuzu built transmission. I know we'd beat them. But here we are talking about the 2.4L which will beat us, not by much but it will win ( givin drivers of course)

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
so what you are saying is that a Chevy engine (also a Toyota in Japan) has the same engine as ours.. a nissan? c'mon... of course not...

Even Mazda who is owned by Ford doesn't share the same engine between the 2.0L Protege and the 2.0LFocus...

no way it will be shared across rivals.

·
Formerly LordofSearchMod
14,715 Posts
taz said:
NO I'm not saying that it is the same as ours, if that's what he was asking than I missed that I though he was just comparing toyota and the chevy. Our engine is the KA24DE that one is the new generation QUAD 4.
that's what the original questions was.. if the Z24 was the same engine.... it is not.

And I'm aware that Geo/Chevy collaborates with Toyota, like Ford and Mazda, and many others....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.