The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at a light this guy in an Eclipse GSX Turbo (Auto) looks over at me. Both our windows are open so I yell out, "you got mods?" He says, "bare stock but I got turbo". So I'm like, lets gun it to the next light (1/2 mile down). Light turns green and right off the line I had him by a lot!! I was so surprised, I had him by a car length middle of 2nd gear then I see him pulling on me (turbo in effect) but he never caught me!
Then the weirdest thing happens. This is a 3 lane street. At the next light there a porsche boxter in the middle lane stopped at red. I take the right lane and Eclipse takes left lane. So we try to get this guy to race too. At the green, we floored it and when the porsche saw this he hit his brakes. Like saying, "you guys no match for me." :mad:
So I continued kicking this guys ass and on some lights I didn't do a brake start and still slapped him silly.
Moral of the story, I totally wasted a turbo car.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I hope you dont take this the wrong way.. But, HE CANT DRIVE WORTH SHIT.. if driven properly he would have jumped car lengths on you at the launch and continued to pull.. but hey.. anything can happen on the street right...(unless you are heavily mod'd)

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is we kept doing this every light and I beat him every time. My mods are in my signature.

·
VTEC wont save you....
6,411 Posts
Bro....it dont matter what mods you got.

Boost is boost.Matter of fact I ran a Eclipse yesterday with no badges,and some body work/ground effects.I thought he was rice but HE showed me.He had a 3 car lead on me that I could not make up.

I call BS or there was a 3 yr old racing you.;)

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
dude, I am telling you this is legit. Maybe you thinking 98-99 body style eclipse, this was the older style eclipse. I don't know how fast they are but I beat this guy several times. He was no match until his turbo spooled up.

·
4G > SR
2,767 Posts
ive seen a 1st gen with intake/exhaust take out a '98 GS-T, i saw it with my own eyes, it was at Union Hill Raceway, they arent that overly fast without mods

·
Audio-XTC
308 Posts
i call b.s. on this one if the older style gsx's are awd?? actually im calling b.s no matter... my friend had one and with about $300.00 them things are runnin high 13's low 14's... i think those run stock 15's... could be wrong... but i wouldnt mess with those dsm's

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
yeah it was AWD, why are you all being haters? I never posted a lie before why would you think I am now. I didn't say he was a pro driver running that track each night. It might also have something to do with it being AUTO not 5spd, and he never spooled the turbo before gunning it. Also its an old freakin' car with no mods whatso ever while mine is being moded and brand spankin' new. If you don't believe me then eat my shorts! You'd think that people on this site would congratulate me. Forget you a$$holes. When someone posts about racing fast cars, you call bs, if he races a slow car, you say go race a faster car. I hate racing riced out hondas all the time so all of you haters go to hell.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Sorry chief it wasnt a gsx..... thats all there is to it. No altima could hang with any eclipse turbo, even if you were spraying, it would be tough. Ive driven an auto gsx 98'; now the launch sucked but believe me those things fly....... no chance. i know a gs-t runs 15.0 stock. Now an altima would hang and more than likely spank a gs or an rs eclipse. peece

·
Registered
172 Posts
UMMMMM guys this is more feasible than some of you think. I was at the tracks earlier today and saw a 95 alty with intake, exhaust and header take-out a GSX by a good car length and a half. Plus, that guy was auto and his turbo wasn't spooling right apparently. SO this could definately have happened GOOD KILL:)

·
Got Boost???
609 Posts
Race all the stock GST's and GSX's you want..............when you want a real race.........come find me!!!!

My 95 GST (which is BPU and stock turbo) runs high 13's to low 14's......

An auto makes all the difference in the world though.......for whatever reason, they're slow as piss.....

like said before though......$1000 into my GST makes one hell of a fast car!!!

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
I thought the gsx only came in stick??? i have a friend with a eclipse gsx and that thing is FAST!!! i highly doubt that story!!

·
ProChoice=Bottle or Draft
324 Posts

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
See the guy said "unless you're heavily modded" so I was trying to tell him to look at my signature "duh!!"
Anyways, that gsx is not from 98 but from 94 and it was definately auto. Since I posted this multiple people told me that auto gsx sucks and can be beaten if its stock (expecially if its in bad condition).

All of you freaks keep quoting numbers. My turn

Eclipse GS 2.0

Horsepower: 135 hp @ 6000 rpm
Torque: 125 ft-lbs. @ 3000 rpm
Weight: 3093 lbs (GSX AWD)

Nissan Altima SE-L

Horsepower: 150 hp @ 5600 rpm
Torque: 154 ft-lbs. @ 4400 rpm
Weight: 2921 lbs

That's what he has to start with w/o turbo. As I said numerous times, it was auto and he didn't spool turbo before launching. Kicking his ass left and right is very well possible. He didn't even start catching up until I heard his turbo spool but by the end of the race I had already won. Off the line he was no contest.

·
350Z
7,755 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Peterson said:

You mean, mod.

I stand corrected, I am working on it and doing 1 mod at a time. I am new to modding cars and need to learn about a part before I put it on my car. But when I'm all finished I will have one hell of an altima, you'll see. You been here a long time Peterson, I hope you still around when my altima is doing 12s.

1 - 20 of 59 Posts