The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
may have a race coming up tonight, first official...wish me luck! just gotta see how the weather goes, if it is raining, screw it...too dangerous (even though some may say it will be too dangerous anyways...)

Me : 5 speed, Hotshot header, 2.25 exhaust, short ram, ACT...
Him: 5 speed, short ram

hes got a system also, and slammed on cheap coilovers...im hoping hes a crappy driver and the system slows him down LOL or maybe hell be smart and take the subs and stuff out to lighten the car...anyways, i know it will be close. its just for fun though, no money involved. i know my car isnt "fast" enough to make me money, so like i said, just for fun :D

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
97 up (maybe a year or two earlier also?) all have the same engine...H22...as far as i know. i dont know if the car has ATTS (the traction system...) or not, but if it does, then thats just more weight.

anyways though, race didnt go...my friend who was setting it up never called me (and he said he would...) so i just figure it will have to be reshceduled. oh well...and i was looking forward to it too :( i told him 12-12:30 and its a little past 2 now, thinking of going to bed.

anyways, ill see what happens and let you all know when we reschedule the race...i really wanna see if my Altima can take on a Prelude ;) might surprise a few people LOL

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
Ouch...well be careful. Honestly, w/the 190hp Vtec engine, I would imagine he should rip you a new one, if he was a very good driver-those things run around 7sec flat 0-60 and put down around 160-165whp stock, probably around 20whp more than you're putting down w/your mods. Though the car is somewhat heavier stock and w/the other crap in the car even heavier plus if he's a bad driver, maybe you have an edge...:)

Let us know and no wrecks or tickets please....(though how many cops could there be in Corinth, huh??:p )

Jeremy

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im not worried...its just a for fun race (i dont wanna race for money, i dont have the car for it LOL)

i dont know how good of a driver he is, so if he doesnt know how to drive that Lude, he wont have a chance. i know Hondas, and if you dont drive them correctly they are slow (no torque). for example, the S2K. 9,000 RPM redline, all power up top. without a good driver, theyre nothing on launch. on the highway, watch out though! also, lots of RSX-S and Civic Si people get mid to high 15 second times because they dont know how to launch their cars...go figure!

the Altima is easier to drive because of the torque advantage, so if i play my cards right, i should have him on take-off, and hopefully if i dont miss any shifts, i might end up beating him. i know how the Honda tranny's are, smooth as butter, Nissans are a bit tougher to work with.

ill give updates as soon as i hear when were gonna set up another time...like i said, our guy setting it up never called me, so i dont know what happened. next time i see him ill ask though...

and yea, ill be wary of the cops. actually wed be in the county where were gonna race probably, so itll be county cops that would get us...gotta be careful there!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
confused... is this the last predlude body that came out or the one right before it?

·
Banned
1,143 Posts
I dont see your altima taking this one. unless he has one heavy ass system, or you have some kind of F.I. (N2O),

·
Stringz of Death
2,481 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
he went to a football game that night and didnt feel like having a race, just found out today. thats ok though, no biggie. gonna try to set something up for this week.

it is a 5 speed, so yes, i am a little worried...but its just for fun, and if i get killed, i dont care. just want the adrenaline rush :) if you know what i mean. wanna see how close my car is to a Lude. i was searching around and found on a Honda board that Ludes usually run about 15.4 stock in the 1/4. i should at least kinda keep up...if hes a crappy driver, i may take him.

as before, ill keep you all updated. if the race goes down, ill let you know the outcome...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts