The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bruised Soup
9,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just thought i would throw in the colors, cause they were both sweet glossy black!!! anyways, i was sittin at the in N out on westminster blv\d chillin in the parkin lot in my mums minivan (big pimpin lol) and i hear tires squeelin and i look over and see a porsche 996 911TT (like 99 or 00, had xenon lighting!!) and right behind it i see a new S4 and both power slid around the corner, headin north on westminster, but then they re-entered the freeway (405 northbound)..that is all...the S4 was haulin, pullin on the Porsche, from what i could see....if i was drivin, i would have seen more....oh well, gotta post what i see:)

HBOC

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
This isn't a flame or anything but how did you know the POrsche was a TT? I've seen a couple S4s riding around Houston. They come out every now and the on Saturday night. Last time I saw them there were 2 Blue ones and 1 Black one. I don't think either of them are fast enough to catch a late model TT Porsche.

·
Anonymous OG Member
250 Posts
BTW HBOC, if I'm not mistaken I'm pretty sure that the 996 Turbo came out in 2001. The 996 Turbo wasn't available in 99 or 00.

·
8,809 Posts
Redline said:
This isn't a flame or anything but how did you know the POrsche was a TT? I've seen a couple S4s riding around Houston. They come out every now and the on Saturday night. Last time I saw them there were 2 Blue ones and 1 Black one. I don't think either of them are fast enough to catch a late model TT Porsche.
Shut the fuck up. And yes, I still want to kick your teeth in :D

·
Registered
80 Posts
in 99 porsche didn't make the 911 in a TT. i know this because my dads fried had a 99 leased while waiting for his 2001 TT.

·
Registered
86 Posts
a few of you guys are obviously new to this whole car enthusiast thing. to be well rounded you should read other car magazines beside super street, scc and turbo.

before i start, as a maserati and ferrari man i have come to realize that porsche cars are for sissy men and girls (the kind that don't kick ass like malaniemonroe). they are bland, devoid of a soul and very overpriced for the extraordinary supply stuttgart puts out each year (50k cars/year). porsche is weak, and will only get weaker when the cayanne (their suv designed with VW) hits the road. that said lets get back to the topic.

the previous 911 (993)turbo was indeed a twin turbo. i think the compressors were KKK, but i might be wrong about that. the car was introduced in 1996 or 1997 and was the first turbo to have all wheel drive.

when they introduced the new 911, the 996, there was no turbo for a few years until the new girly-man turbo was introduced. this new girly-man turbo is available with an automatic...don't let them fool you with the "tiptronic" tranny, the same one is available on all the VW and audi's you could ever hope for.

the bottom line is that porsche is quickly becoming a large volume producer of ever more diluted sports cars and now a suv to boot. why on earth would a company design their flagship (the turbo) to understeer when it should (with the engine in the rear) oversteer? isn't it supposed to be their ultimate offering for a skilled and experienced driver? (in the u.s., we don't get the gt2)

just some trivia for kicks: many of the guys who race in the ferrari challenge buy porsches for their wives so they can feel like they have a sports car too.

for those of you that get pissy and respond like assholes: read what HBOC wrote. he clearly indicates that he was unsure what year the car was and that he was excited about the HID lights, which have been available on the 911 for several years.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Ferrari EH

So Your not into porche, thats cool, but before you start with the ferrari praise, just look at the niubers. No other mass production car has quite the combinatin of power and handeling. As for thoes italian wondermobiles save yourself a couple of hundred grand and get a real beast like a Viper. Only a skilled driver can put forth reasonable numbers in one. Are you man enough? And don't even get me started on the shelby cobra, seem to remember it holdind lots o' record for many, many, many years. Also you might want to look into bugatti, lotus, acura, lamborgini, and possibly austin martin. Ferrari don't oun shit.

oh yeah, if high $ is your thing thy a Mclaren buddy.

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by: Merkava
a few of you guys are obviously new to this whole car enthusiast thing. to be well rounded you should read other car magazines beside super street, scc and turbo.

before i start, as a maserati and ferrari man i have come to realize that porsche cars are for sissy men and girls (the kind that don't kick ass like malaniemonroe). they are bland, devoid of a soul and very overpriced for the extraordinary supply stuttgart puts out each year (50k cars/year). porsche is weak, and will only get weaker when the cayanne (their suv designed with VW) hits the road. that said lets get back to the topic.

the previous 911 (993)turbo was indeed a twin turbo. i think the compressors were KKK, but i might be wrong about that. the car was introduced in 1996 or 1997 and was the first turbo to have all wheel drive.

when they introduced the new 911, the 996, there was no turbo for a few years until the new girly-man turbo was introduced. this new girly-man turbo is available with an automatic...don't let them fool you with the "tiptronic" tranny, the same one is available on all the VW and audi's you could ever hope for.

the bottom line is that porsche is quickly becoming a large volume producer of ever more diluted sports cars and now a suv to boot. why on earth would a company design their flagship (the turbo) to understeer when it should (with the engine in the rear) oversteer? isn't it supposed to be their ultimate offering for a skilled and experienced driver? (in the u.s., we don't get the gt2)

just some trivia for kicks: many of the guys who race in the ferrari challenge buy porsches for their wives so they can feel like they have a sports car too.

for those of you that get pissy and respond like assholes: read what HBOC wrote. he clearly indicates that he was unsure what year the car was and that he was excited about the HID lights, which have been available on the 911 for several years.
Let me just clear something up right quick. You're an idiot and your post fell about 30 yards short of making any sense whatsoever. If you would like me to further elaborate I will be more than happy to do so.

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
1,350 Posts
Re: Ferrari EH

MrScaryJr said:
So Your not into porche, thats cool, but before you start with the ferrari praise, just look at the niubers. No other mass production car has quite the combinatin of power and handeling. As for thoes italian wondermobiles save yourself a couple of hundred grand and get a real beast like a Viper. Only a skilled driver can put forth reasonable numbers in one. Are you man enough? And don't even get me started on the shelby cobra, seem to remember it holdind lots o' record for many, many, many years. Also you might want to look into bugatti, lotus, acura, lamborgini, and possibly austin martin. Ferrari don't oun shit.

oh yeah, if high $ is your thing thy a Mclaren buddy.

i no the #s and all i gotta say is this, ferrari has style that no viper can evan dream about. and that ferrari has won more races than any other manufacturer in the world. acura dont campare to ferrari, neigther does shelby. mclaren is an over priced bmw. those few manufacturers (ferrari, mclaren, lotus, maseratti, astom martin, lamborghini, and a few others) have prestigue, everything else isnt worth this post. you can sit there and throw numbers at me all u want but nothing can touch those few. vipers are common and bland, the only exotic available in teal i think. (if the 1 i saw wasnt costum) as i said b 4 the civic of exotics

·
Registered
69 Posts
wow a die hard. Well lets see, racing ferarri, dealer ferarri, nope no differance there. its apples and oranges. bottom line if a ferrari and a porche lined up on a curvy road the ferrari would be looking at the rear end ot the porshe the whole way. Shelby not formitable, i seem to remember a couple of ferraris behind thoe cobras back in the day. way behind. I dont see manufactures trying to out do a ferrari made 35 years ago, but i see cobra comparisons every day. Hell the viper was a directly influnced by it. If you want style go get a hair cut if you want power get a Viper. you can spend the rest of the money u save on some commen sence. Ferrari has looked the same for 30 years, how exotic is that. Diablo is much more sexy, Lingenfelter corvette also, saleen mustang, Nissan Skyline, bring on your ferrari's unless its a f-40 or better it aint shit, and in case u havent noticed its in the same ball park the mc laren is. I dont see it doing 240mph thoe. World record baby. also 0-100-0, not a ferrari with the best time. I'ts nice to have a good track record but then again most os us don't drive on a track everyday either.:D We know u like them already, there is no one best car. unless its a SOHC 427 cobra (now thats rare)

·
P-Fuzzy if ya nasty
1,350 Posts
tell me again. lamborghini is always new and refreshing, but ferrari hasnt changed their styles in 35 years????:rolleyes: wtf, what do u call a f50, the f40, the 360, the 550. i didnt see anything like that in the 1970s ferraris.
these are what the ferraris of the 1970s looked like now do i have to show you what the 456gt the 550 the 360 and the f50 look like? and i dont care about the #s that vipers are putin out you cant compare the two. 1 is a high preformance machine and the other is a piece of shit quick cheap poormans race car. now im gonna get the hell outta dodge

·
Registered
69 Posts
Seems like u change your argument every time u post it the paco. All manufacturers have different modles, its called i line up. Look at magnom pi's car now lok at whats on the showroom flor. erily similar don't u think? Its cool that the ferrari is 4 you , go get one then. I'll bring a viper and kick the crap out of your pretty little machine. Porr man is not the correct word, smart man is. Save the $200,000, spend $60,000 for a faster top of the line Viper, spend your saved money on pretty dress up stuff and a paint job (color of your choice) and when its all said and done you can give the other $70,000 to me if your so desperate to throw your money away. Ferrari is still just another mass exotic. Try bugatti. AWD, 200mph and looks. and when did i ever propigate the coolness of lambo. They look cool but like ferri have been the same forever. You can buy a feiro and make it look like a ferri if loks are all that matter. but what good is a pretty steak if u can't eat it?

No offence but r u 12? or just ignorent, don't make me go grt my road and track with the 0-100-0 data, it'll make u cry.

·
Banned
2,338 Posts
I think this should get the official "MOST RETARDED THREAD OF THE YEAR" award. A bunch of pimple-faced 15-year-olds discussing the cars they not only will never own or drive, but probably have not even seen in real life.

·
1320 In 12 With A Bed.
1,131 Posts
Originally posted by: MrScaryJr
Try bugatti. AWD, 200mph and looks.
I agree, but just to clarify the new Bugatti with the W18 engine does well over 240mph.

Save the $200,000, spend $60,000 for a faster top of the line Viper, spend your saved money on pretty dress up stuff and a paint job (color of your choice) and when its all said and done you can give the other $70,000 to me if your so desperate to throw your money away
Actually, you can just spend it on a Hennessey TT Viper and have a fucking beast at the track and a very docile daily driver.

You can buy a feiro and make it look like a ferri if loks are all that matter. but what good is a pretty steak if u can't eat it?
LMAO!! It's funny because it's true! I've seen many a Fieros that looked just like a Ferrari.

Originally posted by: Frmr97GXE
I think this should get the official "MOST RETARDED THREAD OF THE YEAR" award. A bunch of pimple-faced 15-year-olds discussing the cars they not only will never own or drive, but probably have not even seen in real life.
Is this what you were looking for....

1 - 15 of 15 Posts