The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried searching this issue before I posted but there were too many A/C related posts. So the A/C works fine but I feel that even at the highest setting it just doesn't seem to blow hard enough. I wonder if this could be a condenser issue? Or just a a old blower motor? Let me know what you guys think and if anyone has tackled this issue. In south Fla we need a high volume of A/C flow. Thanks in Advance

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Likely old blower motor. Anything new you can buy over the counter will be about the same. I have long maintained that somebody with backing could start a high perf blower motor company that blows as powerful as the ones in new cars, that person would be rich overnight. It is no problem at all making a/c cold, it is another trying ti get the old blowers to put out enough air to make it worthwhile. If you don't have enough air coming out it does not matter how cold the a/c is.

I've had that trouble here in Texas since I learned auto a/c and have never found a blower brand that can fix the issue, it may not even happen buying the 'original' OEM blower, many of those are NOT the same as what came in the cars but they will tell you they are. You'll know otherwise though when it does not put out any more air than the $50 one even though it may cost you $200.

A sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Likely old blower motor. Anything new you can buy over the counter will be about the same. I have long maintained that somebody with backing could start a high perf blower motor company that blows as powerful as the ones in new cars, that person would be rich overnight. It is no problem at all making a/c cold, it is another trying ti get the old blowers to put out enough air to make it worthwhile. If you don't have enough air coming out it does not matter how cold the a/c is.

I've had that trouble here in Texas since I learned auto a/c and have never found a blower brand that can fix the issue, it may not even happen buying the 'original' OEM blower, many of those are NOT the same as what came in the cars but they will tell you they are. You'll know otherwise though when it does not put out any more air than the $50 one even though it may cost you $200.

A sad state of affairs.
In my case it was a clogged cabin filter, but I agree wholeheartedly. Especially cars from the 80's. I had a 87 Cutlass Supreme and the blower motor was weak, and had nothing to do with any filters; it was just an inadequate blower. I've also wondered why not a single company makes high performance after-market blower motors. It wouldn't take much engineering either just higher RPM's. Like you said it would fly off the shelves.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm having the same issue can you tell me where this filter is
Yes sir. It it behind the glove compartment. Be careful with the plastic clips that encase the filter as they can be broken off if mishandled. You must release the hinges of the glove compartment door to access it. Not hard, takes about 5 minutes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts