The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cruising @ 55mph east on Elmwood avenue(35mph speed limit) at about 5.30PM today when I roll head first right into a cops radar, literally 30ft away off my right corner lamp. I did the typical "Oh SHIT!" thing but I didnt slam on the brakes. Decided to just maintain and try and get to the store I was going to and just park the car.

Well, I kept checking my mirrors to see the cop pull out of the parking lot. Never saw him pull out, or move for that matter(lazy cop had a point blank shot on me too). I counted my lucky stars at that moment. Went into the store, bought my smokes and went back to the car. I looked around for signs of hiding and waiting cops, not one cop around so I continued my journey.

Heading down to my parents house down Elmwood still. I took the longer way cuz the tune playing in the deck was sick so I rode it out enjoying. Turned into my parents neighborhood. I turn a couple side streets when all of a sudden there was a cop heading in oncoming. I pass him looking at him, he was staring right at me. I watched him in my mirrors and he slammed on the brakes. I did my "OH SHIT!!! thing again but this time I floored it. I figured the cop had to still turn around then gun it. I was about 15 houses from ym folks house at this point. I flew like a demon away from that cop. Pulled into my parents driveway got out and started walking to the house. Never saw the cop from that point.

Cops must have been bored off their ass today to try going for me. I know the LED's in my parking lamps must have gotten their attention. Anyways the moral of the story is don't speed with illegal lighting on your car. And if you are going to run make sure you have a gameplan before hand. I got away unscathed twice so I consider myself lucky I guess.

·
There is no substitute.
2,032 Posts
sure he was gonna turn around and chase ya? did he put on his lights or somethin? I doubt they would try to track you down if they never pulled out on ya in the first place, maybe he thought u looked suspicious or somethin.

·
Resident NICO Mod
5,972 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I dont think the 2 incidents were related. Just wrong place at the wrong time I think.

·
Incognito
6,134 Posts
if they're that close together, then it's prolly the same cop. generally in my town, the areas that they patrol are broken down into quadrants. one cop one quadrant type of thing.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
i tried that once, but i didnt get away. since the cop didnt clock me and finally caught up with me in a residential where i was no longer speeding, he gave me a ticket for failure to signal....in a residential. doh! i woulda rather gotten the speeding

1 - 7 of 7 Posts