The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well first does the 2nd gen indiglos fit a 1st gen?? will it red line higher?>? if so how do u get it to red line higher, mine now already goes to 8 grand when i floor it, i know this is bad, how do other cars start redlining at like 10? another Q is anyone know anything sabout Z3 fenders?? for my car 1st gen! i forget what else i was gonna say!! I'll brb! lol thanks

·
hard on equipment
714 Posts
LoAlty, you've been here awhile, I expect more out of you than this. The 98-99 Altimas have a lower redline at 6250 for God knows why, (the 00-01's have it because of the modifications that add the extra 5hp) but it's an engine issue, not an instrumentation issue. If your car jumps to 8 when you floor it, you need to have some shit fixed soon because you're going to blow that motherf*cker through the hood. The reason some cars rev higher is that they need the high revs to produce the power - honda engines are the perfect example. The KA24 was (is..?) a truck motor, so it needs the power lower in the rev band. Hence it only redlines at 6500 or 6250 RPM. If you want to get your rev's higher, you'll have to have custom work done to strengthen the bottom end (connecting rods and pistons) and some balancing work done and a reprogrammed ECU to change the actual redline.

·
Tofu Shop Owner
781 Posts
2nd Gens redline at 6250??? :confused: When I race, I sometimes bounce off the rev limiter at 6500. The needle is noticeably into the red before it bounces. If I let the Automatic shift for me, then it'll shift at ~6250...

But Yeah, what Godzildo said... changing the guages isn't going to increase your redline. Damn! You sound like a noob!!! :D

·
Traded in Alti!!!
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no no no, i know it doesnt matter what it says, i was just wondering certain things, cause never really drove a 2nd gen alty, except when mom had one as a rental, but I read something about gauges, i dont want it to red lie as much as it does, oh and with a tach. how do those redline higher?? or it just lights up when u should shift at the prepicked limit (pills)? I know what i mean, just sounds confusing.......

1 - 5 of 5 Posts