Nissan Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple questions about the 2.5 2017 Altima SL I recently purchased and hope people can help.

While waiting for some paperwork to be straightened out I drove a 2019 Altima base model. It was a rental.
The first thing I noticed when I finally got into the 2017 SL was that it seemed to be louder and heavier.

The noise could just be tires and it is loud ( seems like a hum) when I get on the throttle. Maybe the exhaust?
Is this typical?

A bit of research shows that the 2019 S weighs 3212 and 2017 SL weigh almost the same at 3254.
It is hard to believe 42 pounds would make a difference.
Is there a difference in suspension or transmission tuning between 2017 and 2019?

BTW the 2017 has just over 40,000 miles and I will be taking it to a Nissan dealer next week for a transmission oil change to make sure I am not messing up the powertrain warrantee.

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have a couple questions about the 2.5 2017 Altima SL I recently purchased and hope people can help.

While waiting for some paperwork to be straightened out I drove a 2019 Altima base model. It was a rental.
The first thing I noticed when I finally got into the 2017 SL was that it seemed to be louder and heavier.

The noise could just be tires and it is loud ( seems like a hum) when I get on the throttle. Maybe the exhaust?
Is this typical?

A bit of research shows that the 2019 S weighs 3212 and 2017 SL weigh almost the same at 3254.
It is hard to believe 42 pounds would make a difference.
Is there a difference in suspension or transmission tuning between 2017 and 2019?

BTW the 2017 has just over 40,000 miles and I will be taking it to a Nissan dealer next week for a transmission oil change to make sure I am not messing up the powertrain warrantee.

Yes the 2019 Altima got a complete overhaul, Engine, transmission, and yes it does weigh a bit less than earlier models. I own a 2015 and have also drove a 2019 rental from the Dealership for about a week. I did also noticed how much better the 2019 drove compared to my 2015. Seemed to have better pickup and go, and yes no CVT drone💁‍♂️

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
SDEAL5
Nissan Forums
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing