The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My Cars A Lil Beaten....ok Thats An Under~statement.
I Have Just A Couple Quick Questions About My 99.

1) I Popped My Hood A Few Weeks Ago And Noticed My Valve Cover Was Slightly Darkened "by Oil" On The Right Side Near The Cap And The First Spark Plug. I Cleaned It With A Degreaser. Next Wek It Was Dark Again. Im Thinking Gasket On The V.c. Or On The Oil Filler Cap.

2)the Fuel Light That Comes On When Ur Runnin On E Has Been Intermittent Once Before But It Fixed Itself Any Ideas What Could Be Causing This Or How It Werks In The First Place. "fuse..?"

3)my Seat Belts Are Dont Roll Up Anymore Due To Age Is There Any Way To Maintence These. (springs?)

4)an Intermittent Rear Glass Motor On The Pass. Side The Coil And Assembly Is In Tact Could It Just Be The Little Blue Piece Of Solid State Electronics It Appears To Be A Cap.

5)my Tie Rods ****EDed. I Think..... Like If I Put My Car On A Jack I Can Shake My Pass Wheel. The Control Arm, Bushings,end Link Are All New.. Axels ****ed For Sure But Idk If That Would Make The Wheel Shake.

Ty For Listening To My Problems I Brought On All Of This To My Self And Im Looking To Upgrade Rather Than Replace Broken Parts.
Thanx ~madmike~

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The Most Troublesome Problems Are The Electrical Ones That Come And Go Like Ya Know How If U Turn The Key To Unlock Twice Itll Unlock Everything It Doesnt Like That Anymore But Itll Be Back Next Week Shit Just Goes On Vaca... I Love My Car But It Can Be Like A Dumb Bitch Sometimes In Need Of A Punch To The Throat

·
Altimaboy
1,726 Posts
Yo' car needs Jesus!
But like JLewis said, take it to the dealer for the seatbelts, and you only probably need a valve cover gasket or something.

·
Resident Titans Fan
1,395 Posts
What probably makes the fuel light come and go away is the fact that the fuel pickup is only in one spot, therefore it can only "measure" one spot. When you brake and accelerate, the gas moves to the front or the back of the tank, depending on which you are doing and would cause your gas light to come on or go off. But by any means, you shouldn't drive around letting your gas get that low. You suck up a bunch of bad shit that settles to the bottom all at once and it is horrible for your engine. Hope that helps some.

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
MADMIKE said:
1) I Popped My Hood A Few Weeks Ago And Noticed My Valve Cover Was Slightly Darkened "by Oil" On The Right Side Near The Cap And The First Spark Plug. I Cleaned It With A Degreaser. Next Wek It Was Dark Again. Im Thinking Gasket On The V.c. Or On The Oil Filler Cap.
I'm going to give you first best guess since I used to be a Nissan Service Advisor and saw these the most frequently as the causes of your issues.
Sounds like a Valve Cover gasket leak to me. Not a huge deal, keep it clean, check your oil level..you can have a leak on the outside for a while, but the worst can come when your plugs start to get leaked onto.. pull your plugs and see if they are oil soaked yet.

MADMIKE said:
2)the Fuel Light That Comes On When Ur Runnin On E Has Been Intermittent Once Before But It Fixed Itself Any Ideas What Could Be Causing This Or How It Werks In The First Place. "fuse..?".
Most frequently is the fuel sending unit. Will get stuck intermittantly which will cause the light to either stay on no matter how full, or cause your needle to not go past a certain point. It can get stuck intermittant.

MADMIKE said:
3)my Seat Belts Are Dont Roll Up Anymore Due To Age Is There Any Way To Maintence These. (springs?).
As long as they aren't especially dirty, try bringing it to a dealer. Nissan offers lifetime warranty on seat belt issues.

MADMIKE said:
4)an Intermittent Rear Glass Motor On The Pass. Side The Coil And Assembly Is In Tact Could It Just Be The Little Blue Piece Of Solid State Electronics It Appears To Be A Cap.
Not sure what you are talking about here... could be the motor, as you've stated, or could be the regulator. Both will cause intermittant inop of the windows.

MADMIKE said:
5)my Tie Rods ****EDed. I Think..... Like If I Put My Car On A Jack I Can Shake My Pass Wheel. The Control Arm, Bushings,end Link Are All New.. Axels ****ed For Sure But Idk If That Would Make The Wheel Shake.
I've seen where the wheel bearing is crushed and causes excess freeplay in the wheel. Usually if the bearing isn't packed correctly on a service.

Without seeing the vehicle, that is the most frequent issues I've seen on this vehicle.

·
DRUNKEN WIKI TERRORIST
1,445 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
1) Yup Soaked

2) The Needles Fine Its Just The Low Fuel Light

3) Ty

4) When U Pop Open The Cylinder With The Coiled Wire & Screw. There Is A Small Aqua-light Blue Colored Cap Or Resistor Maybe Its Blown. Cause A Solid Copper Inductor Doesnt Often Go.

5) Would That Coinside Witha Scraping Metal Noise (think The Sound Of Rotors And Steel)

·
Irish Designated Driver
223 Posts
MADMIKE said:
1) Yup Soaked

2) The Needles Fine Its Just The Low Fuel Light

3) Ty

4) When U Pop Open The Cylinder With The Coiled Wire & Screw. There Is A Small Aqua-light Blue Colored Cap Or Resistor Maybe Its Blown. Cause A Solid Copper Inductor Doesnt Often Go.

5) Would That Coinside Witha Scraping Metal Noise (think The Sound Of Rotors And Steel)
2): Either characteristic could be the same problem.

4): I am not a mechanic, so you've got your own theories there. :)

5): Yes.. You are possibly looking at needing rotors, too... you can get some pretty severe damage including losing your wheel while driving if you have a damaged/broken bearing.

You're welcome!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts