The Nissan Club banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Energy Liberation Front
1,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I row at my university, so I'm trying to gain as much strength as possible without bulking up too much. Currently I’ve slimmed down to 165lbs and stand 6'2". In rowing, height is an advantage because of leverage and stroke, but we are required to do heavy weight lifting at least twice a week. I run 2 miles every evening, mainly to burn off stress and unwind. The way my schedule works out, I generally go on long jogs (4-5 miles) on the same days that I'm working out. Is this going to effect the growth of my upper body strength since I'm burning so many calories on runs? Should I discontinue running on the days that I lift?

Also, I have a hard time consuming the amount of protein that I probably should. I get perhaps 100g a day, if I'm lucky. Being married to a Japanese girl is hard because the diet is very low in protein. Is this going to be a problem even though I'm not trying to get bulky? I'm mainly looking for endurance and stamina, but I notice that my muscles tend to stay sore for an exceedingly long period of time after working out. I'm afraid I'm not allowing my muscles to rebuild.

Finally, I like to do push-ups every night. I alternate from flat to inclined. Are push-ups something that I should do periodically like lifting, or is it safe to do as many as possible daily?

1 - 1 of 1 Posts