The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I’d share a little story… perhaps it’ll make some of you like your car more, or perhaps it will make some of you just not care. :)
So for the past couple of weeks I’ve been contemplating selling my car and trading it in for something else. This was primarily because my roommate has been on the hunt for a WRX to trade for his Sentra SE-R. So I figured… hell… I can afford a trade… so why not? But then I noticed a lot of little things over the past couple of weeks that made me realize, I’m still happy with my car and it still gets the looks it got from the first day I got it.

First thing was when I had a friend of mine who has an Evo drive my car home. The first thing he said “wow, I can’t believe how well your car handles”. And this was a huge compliment coming from an Evo owner. (as for why it handles well, I have 235/40/18ZR tires on super lightweight 5zigen 18” rims ~17lbs, FSTB, RSB, eibach pro-kit springs). Then as I was driving down the street, there was this guy standing in the street who just got out of his M3 and literally turned his entire body as I drove by him. And then my project manager at work saw me driving out of the garage for the first time, and gave me the thumbs up on my car (he drives a 2003 M5 and a 2003 Porsche 911). Then last week I’m getting an oil change and the girl ringing me up was all “I couldn’t tell it was an altima until I walked all the way around to the back and saw “altima”! Your car is very very nice!” Then last nite was my birthday, so my girlfriend and I went to these high end fancy restaurants and bars, and in both cases, the valets were both surprised that the car was an altima and both said “nice car!”, and that’s coming from guys who drive porsches and bimmers and benzs all day.

So a long and pointless story short… I still love my car. And it’s a 2.5! :D

·
Don't Mess with Texas
743 Posts
glad to hear that you decided to keep your 2.5. i remember when i first got my rims i literally made someones jaw drop when they looked at my car and man its the best feeling in the world =) but its nice to know that $50K+ car owners are appreciative of the altima :D

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ry said:
Your car rocks.
thanks ry! :)

oh yea, and this morning, I'm sitting in traffic because they decided to close one of the streets down to 1 lane... and just as the lanes opened back up to 3, I decided to drop it down to 2nd and redline it.... I haven't done that in a long time, and I had my radio off and windows down... I forgot how good my car actually sounds with the mossy exhaust and injen intake... it just sings... and when it gets past 5000rpm... wow. still makes me smile.

·
I have a NISMO oil cap
5,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yea. it's really hard NOT to want a new car. I live in WestLA, commute through bevery hills everyday, and most of my managers and people in my garage at work drive REALLY nice cars.

But I've been raised to appreciate what you have. And I think I just have the Asian cheapness deeply ingrained in me. :) It just feels wrong to sell my car at such a substantial loss (as well all know, resale value is pretty bad on a 1st year 2.5).

·
"Stop your homothuggin"
392 Posts
yo Thai I couldn't agree anymore...the more mods I do to my car....the more I notice how much potential this car has....even bone stock this car is beautiful...and i'm sure that why all of us bought it...but after moddin it...and finally seeing it's complete potential...I couldn't agree with you more...I will run this car out till it's last breath..

·
The Altimatum '05
239 Posts
Anyone know what the new style of the Altima will look like? My dealer told me it will resemble more of the 05 Maxima, that is his prediction.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I hope not, the new maxima just doesnt look right to me, especially the rear end. The Altima is far nicer in styling than the Maxima, no matter what angle you look at it, its beautiful.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts