The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started to diet and exercise (bike ride) back in april b/c i wanted to lose weight before i began lifting weights. I lost 40 pounds and was losing about 3lbs. a week up until about a week or two ago. I did start lifting weights about 3 weeks ago though. Is it normal that my weight is staying steady now? I cut back on my cardio (shorter rides) a little bit b/c i dont want to lose any muscle that i gain but i still want to lose my gut (and man boobs:embarasse :D). Is there something else i should do? Should i go back to doing the amount of cardio that i was doing?
Right now I am basically lifting weights on Mon, Wed, Fri and doing cardio on Tues, Thurs, and Sat. with Sunday off. I also do 10 mins on a stationary bike or on a x-training machine to warm up before i lift weights.

Thanks in advance..........:cool:
-Robb-

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
its always gonan be easier to lose a lot of weight when u have a lot stacked on, if ur over weight by 100 lbs, compared to a guy over weight by 40, u can prob shed more pounds quickly, but the closer u get to ur "ideal" or avg weight, the harder its gonna be to lose weight. thats why they say its always the hardest to lost that lil bit of flab at the end, the less fat u have the greedier ur body becomes with it.

so post ur height/weight, bofy fat% if u have it....

·
Registered
536 Posts
Actually what I would do it to slightly up your caloric intake since your activity level has increased until you start losing weight again. As crazy as it sounds your body isn't getting enough fuel and it is concerving calories more and storing them as fat. Up your daily calories a little at a time until you start to notice the weight loss again.

·
Garbologist Extrodonair
7,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
post ur height/weight, bofy fat% if u have it....
i'm 6' tall and my weight has been fluctuating b/w 208 and 211 lbs.,
i was 248 when i started.....
body fat%=???

Up your daily calories a little at a time until you start to notice the weight loss again.
How many calories? Like a another protein shake or.....?

:cool:
-Robb-

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
NS Altima said:
Actually what I would do it to slightly up your caloric intake since your activity level has increased until you start losing weight again. As crazy as it sounds your body isn't getting enough fuel and it is concerving calories more and storing them as fat. Up your daily calories a little at a time until you start to notice the weight loss again.
true, but notice he reduced the cardio, so he was saving calories there, but since he lost so many pounds already, it seems like he is reaching a level where he is considered like average, im 5'9 160 and ican prob go to 170 before im considered "too heavy", like by BMI standards...so if ur 3 inches taller, i guess maybe 190 sumn would be ur target? so u arent that far, which is why the weight is gonna become harder to burn off.

it could also be that u gained muscle, so ur weight isnt dropping, but increasing some or staying the same.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts