The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Shift_in the Z
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would a 1997 bumper cover fit on a 1995 or 1996 chassi? im thinking about getting a Maxima in the next 2 years and i like the 97 more, but dont have the money to get the 97, if you know answer please...and dont tell me to just keep the Altima....

·
I don't care
4,185 Posts
Theres a chance it will not directly. Part of what they did with the redesign was improve the front for head on collisions. Aparently the old front wasn't that good. What ever additional (or revised) stuff they did to the front might make that conversion hard to do. In addition, the 97-99 tails don't fit on old Maximas.

·
Shift_in the Z
526 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ben said:
Theres a chance it will not directly... conversion hard to do. In addition, the 97-99 tails don't fit on old Maximas.

so your saying it wont, or will need modifications...and if thats the case what all would i need to modify?

·
Altimas.net
4,928 Posts
AltimateSE said:

so your saying it wont, or will need modifications...and if thats the case what all would i need to modify?
Someone in my city has one. I use to see it and be like oh nice a 97 style and then he drove by me and it was a 95/96. It always fulled me cuz I had a 97 so I noticed them :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts