The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im a new member, so i dont kno if someone answered this question already... i have a 94 altima gxe. someone said that the gxe models have 1156 or 194 (the single filament bulb). however my car uses the 1157 (the dual filament bulb). that confuses me because now i dont now wut bulb to use. i have hyper bright white bulbs for my headlights and i wanted my corners to match with my headlights. i put 1157 hyper bright white in, but it doesnt seem to make my lights any brighter. it's like the stock bulbs. can someone help me out please?

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts
uh,, i have a 94 gxe too but mine's a 168..which is basically a 194. what did was find a 194 white LEDs, i'm not sure about 1157...maybe the have LEDs for those i'm not sure. u can always have the corners off...

·
Banned
2,015 Posts
where can i pick up a set of blue tint headlights? i hate my yellow/white headlights but i dont wanna order them off the internet. i tried some from autozone and they went back like 3 days later.

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
Before somebody else says it...search. :D

The SE/GLEs have the 1157, I believe, while the XE/GXE has a 194.

The SE/GLE uses a duel filament for the additional turn signal light. There are writeups on how to rewire stuff on the site.

·
Registered
874 Posts
To altimate_racer: if you want blue bulbs the best ones are from SWA the Nokya artic whites. get the harness upgrade too for the lights. If you want just a clear white light pattern get either PIAA or silverstars. PIAA are the most money about $80 or so. But for blue get the NOKYA's

·
1,484 Posts
I have the PIAA super plasma GT headlight bulbs, and they come out a kinda purple tint, and I also have the PIAA extreme white corner bulbs, but they come out a blue tint. I was thinking they were goint to be white, so they wouldn't show as much color, but they are really blue, and I don't really recommend them. I LOVE the headlight bulbs however they are great. I think the blue comes out because the housing is that ugly foggy yellowish color now, and I have been told that since the bulb has a little bit of blue film over it. The reflection is causing the blue to show out more. Not to sure though. I plan on Getting HID's next and the corner light will be the turn signal now cuz of the VIS front on.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts