The Nissan Club banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
first off im new here so whats up all.

the car im looking at is a 2003 3.5 se 5 speed, with side sills package, and sport package. (spoiler, and moon roof)

the price ive been quoted so far is 23200 before tax, title, etc..

msrp is 24737.

so my question is, is this a fair price or should i haggle for a better deal?

thanks in advance.

·
Registered
532 Posts
You can get that exact car definitely for $22,748 including destination .

Only thing extra is tax and tags.

You can get it for that price through www.carsdirect.com

You can print out the price from that website and tell the dealer if they can beat that price you will buy it from them if not you will order it from www.carsdirect.com

I did that and the dealer beat the carsdirect.com price.

You can definitely get that exact car for $22,748!

·
I Am My Altima's Bitch
3,035 Posts
I got my 3.5SE 5Speed with side sills, sport package, microfilter and floormats for 22600 before tax + title. You can do much better. Invoice is 22548. They make 3% back on that for holdback.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great info guys. thanks!:D

·
AKA Otto Von Titsling
791 Posts
Abstraxx hit the nail on the head. I went to Carsdirect and printed out price of the car I wanted the dealer said "ok I'll give it to you for that price" Keep in mind the Carsdirect price also includes the destination charge.

·
Registered
532 Posts
The price I posted above from www.carsdirect.com included the Incabin Microfilter, Mats, and mud guards.

Its hard to find a Altima without those features!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Abstraxx said:
The price I posted above from www.carsdirect.com included the Incabin Microfilter, Mats, and mud guards.

Its hard to find a Altima without those features!
yeah, just about all of them have them right off the bat so its not really an option, they just word it that way.:rolleyes:

im sure when i take the print out to the dealer ill get the deal i should. you guys saved me some loot. thanks.

·
Getused2seeinmytaillights
107 Posts
Pimpacura.... if you think that you may have been screwed by that price, then don't feel bad brother....I paid the same for my 2002 SE w/ everything on it as well. Except for the wood grain stuff..... That was the best price that I was able to get after going to 5 dealers. All of the other dealers wanted $500-1500 more for the same car! Bastards....all of them! Oh well, I love the car, so it no longer matters what was paid for it. The service that I get from Kelley Nissan in Oak Lawn is excellent! At least that's a plus out of the deal huh?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
for you guys that feel you paid too much, did you go to carsdirect.com first and bring a printout with you? or did you just wing it?:D

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, i just walked out of the dealership when they told me they couldnt do any better than 23,587. i showed them the print out from carsdirect and they said that is lower than their cost. so i said thats too bad i guess i have to do business elsewhere. the only thing is that it takes 7 days to go through cars direct, and im in a friggen rental car that runs out of coverage in two days. and ill end up with a couple hundred bucks of fees with this damn thing. oh well, i sent an email to cars direct anyway, and i have a couple other dealers to check out.:cool:

·
Registered
532 Posts
Theres got to be another dealer you can try in your area. The dealer you went to is a straight out liar, I wouldnt goto him just for the fact that he lies out his but. They pay way less then that for the car. I would try calling carsdirect and seeing if they can speed up the process.

Dealer like to rape people.....He told you he pays more for the car to try to rip you off , he was hoping you would say ok, Ill take it, Now hes hoping you will come back. GO elsewhere !

·
05 3.5SE, 02 Protege5 :)
151 Posts
pimpacura said:
I paid 27500 for a 3.5SE with everything. I think I got screwed. But my credit was only 8 months old.
Don't feel bad, I paid over 27k for a 2.5SL with everything grrr. I got the extended warranty which is a lot i guess. I should have looked around, but i wasn't even planning on getting a nissan. I was going to get a Hyundai Sonata LX V6 but the dealer was closed on sunday so then I went to the nissan dealer which was right next door and i fell in love.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bmfgsxr said:
well, i just walked out of the dealership when they told me they couldnt do any better than 23,587. i showed them the print out from carsdirect and they said that is lower than their cost. so i said thats too bad i guess i have to do business elsewhere. the only thing is that it takes 7 days to go through cars direct, and im in a friggen rental car that runs out of coverage in two days. and ill end up with a couple hundred bucks of fees with this damn thing. oh well, i sent an email to cars direct anyway, and i have a couple other dealers to check out.:cool:

well, i just bought the fugger. i pick it up friday.

i went to another dealer and they were a bit further from home and they wouldnt beat the price that the first dealer gave.

i contacted a dealer through carsdirect, and they said its a 5-7 day process regardless. since i flipped my other car over last week ive been driving a brand new cadi deville for a rental ( it was either that or a yugo so **** that). but after this friday ins. doesnt pay for the rental anymore. so i talked to the dealer that i went to yesterday and i got the price back down to 23200 but only cause i showed some green when i walked in the door. i know its not the best price, but i figured keeping the rental car for 4 extra days is going to be a few hundred bucks that i would save through carsdirect. so wtf... i just went with it. besides im an impatient ****er. they also hooked me up with an ins. guy since my last company dropped me. im not a fan on dealers, and how they operate. i know they lied to me, thats their job. but i still got a decent deal in my mind. plus ill be driving a4door sedan that is faster than the mustang gt.:D

abstraxx, where in ny are ya from. i live in the white plains area.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Im in suffolk, Babylon area.....

Congrats on the car!

You still got a real decent price!

You might want to check out

www.carbuyingtips.com

In case they try to pull any scams when you pick it up!

Enjoy your fine automobile!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
good link man. thanks.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts