The Nissan Club banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My son has a 93 Altima. It has been sitting since Christmas while trying to sell it.
Yesterday I had to jump start it because the battery is dead, dead. After starting it when I tried to move it the ABS light keeps flashing on and off and the car starts to move but, when the light flashes on it jerks.
The airbag light also flashes on when this jerking motion starts.
Basically the car is not drivable now.
My question is....
What does the ABS light stand for? And, could it be because it needs a new battery that I'm having this problem??
Thanks for any and all help! :confused:

·
Jr. Lord Of Search
3,371 Posts
ABS is anti lock brakes. If they all came on after you jumped it, its possible maybe some fried the computers during the jump. ABS is beyond an amateur's troubleshooting. Thats dealer territory.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
8,251 Posts
I would check the fluid level :D As for the Airbag???:confused: I have the same problem and the dealer couldn't find it,,,of course they still managed to charge me 100$. Good luck!

G

·
Reset the ecu... it can't hurt anything. Who knows what screwy things could happen to a car that sits for 4 months w/o being started. You should never let a car sit for that long. The jerking is the ABS kicking in, which it should only do if you're nailing the brakes really hard. The ABS light probably starts flashing when the ABS engages, though I'm usually to busy trying to stop when mine kicks in that I haven't noticed.

Demmy

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.