The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this past SUN i drove my car in the snow here in NY and my wheels where constantly spinning , now my ABS light went on. can anyone tell me what might have triggerd this, and can i just reset the ecu to get rid of the light?

·
:-)
2,049 Posts
Same thing happened to me, I was trying to get up my cousins hill at his cottage, this shit is steep, I finally got up on my 13th try, not much runway, and part of the hill was ICE. But the ABS light came on halfway through and my abs stopped working. An hour later it started working again. I just figured that all that snow and water just ****ed with the ABS sensor.

·
Registered
48 Posts
if you read the haynes repair manual it tells you how to pull and clear the ABS codes from the ecu its actually pretty easy just hard to explain by typing get the manual and check it out let us knwo what happens

·
4,020 Posts
Mine does it to if I let my tires spin excessively, it's something to do with wheel spin. I may be wrong, but I think the ABS sensors realize the rear tires are not spinning the same speed as the fronts, and after awhile, shuts off the ABS system.

·
Straight Flight Attendant
493 Posts
As mentioned, there is a procedure in the haynes for how to read the error codes it will tell you "OK, you know your problem now, take it to the dealer." If you want help for DIY, you need the FSM (or someone to scan pages for you). When the ABS sensor detects a problem in the system, it shuts it down and your breaking system becomes "standard" if you will.
To take it a step further, i believe that J. Lewis is right to an extent. I am almost possitive that there are sensors on each tire, and checks each of them individually to see if any of them have locked up. If one tire has locked up, it lessens the breaking power on that one wheel.
Now, i know i will be corrected if i am wrong, but i don't think that the ECU has anything to do with ABS.
I have my ABS light on, still trying to diagnos the problem. I need to find a FSM. Good Luck with yours. ~Ketter

1 - 8 of 8 Posts