The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Long live the Altima
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this sounds scary, but the front left spring collapsed last week cutting the ABS sensor wire. Since, I've had both front springs and struts replaced. Now I need to replace the sensor.

I've spent a good deal of time going through the search feature here, but couldn't find anything useful. Can anyone help? Perhaps details on the procedure and maybe even an FSM scan?

Thanks in advance.
 

·
Resident NICO Mod
Joined
·
5,972 Posts
There should be a 12mm bolt holding the sensor to the spindle. Remove that first. If the sensor doesn't just drop out of its hole I would use a good penetrating oil and a 22mm open end wrench. Slip the open end wrench over the sensor and use it to turn the sensor back and forth until it is loose.
 

·
Long live the Altima
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey Rev,
It's always you to the rescue...God bless you bro.

Is the ABS sensor I'm talking about also known as one of the front speed sensors? Would you have an FSM scan by any chance?

And assuming it ain't a Biaaaaaatch to get out, how much time would you estimate for this job?

Thanks again.



REVEREND D said:
There should be a 12mm bolt holding the sensor to the spindle. Remove that first. If the sensor doesn't just drop out of its hole I would use a good penetrating oil and a 22mm open end wrench. Slip the open end wrench over the sensor and use it to turn the sensor back and forth until it is loose.
 

·
Resident NICO Mod
Joined
·
5,972 Posts
Nissan pays less than an hour to replace sensors like that. I don't have a FSM scan available at this time. The FSM does not show you how to replace them, it only shows how to test them for proper operation.


And yes they are also known as the front speed sensors but not to be confused with the speed sensor in the tranny that sends info to your speedo guage, these sensors have nothing to do with the speedometer.
 

·
Long live the Altima
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks a million Rev,
I have to find a good used sensor and will then replace it.
I may contact you soon for more help if that's ok?

Peace



REVEREND D said:
Nissan pays less than an hour to replace sensors like that. I don't have a FSM scan available at this time. The FSM does not show you how to replace them, it only shows how to test them for proper operation.


And yes they are also known as the front speed sensors but not to be confused with the speed sensor in the tranny that sends info to your speedo guage, these sensors have nothing to do with the speedometer.
 

·
Resident NICO Mod
Joined
·
5,972 Posts
Yeh dude, I dont mind helpin. What year is the car cuz I have a 93 GLE and I'm parting it out.
 

·
Long live the Altima
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a 1994 GXE Automatic.
I'm assuming that's compatible with your 93 GLE?
If so, are you going to hook me up? What's your price?




REVEREND D said:
Yeh dude, I dont mind helpin. What year is the car cuz I have a 93 GLE and I'm parting it out.
 

·
Long live the Altima
Joined
·
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is Rev away?

Yo Rev, are you around?
Still interested in solving this ABS problem and possibly buying the part from you. Are they compatible? And how much did you want?


moe__man said:
It's a 1994 GXE Automatic.
I'm assuming that's compatible with your 93 GLE?
If so, are you going to hook me up? What's your price?
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top