The Nissan Club banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have been searching high and low for a solution to this. What happened was: I drove through a pretty big puddle and now I have kind of a whining/grinding sound coming from one of the accessory pulleys. A local shop here checked it out and said it was the bearing on the AC compressor. I know this is a very expensive job so I was wondering if there was another belt that fits these cars that would bypass the AC? I have seen this work on other vehicles.

Also, compatability question: Would anyone know if the Maxima 3.5 or other vehicles' belts are the same? I have been searching Altima threads but maybe if I can find someone that has done this on a Maxima that could work too. Another question, does the altima sedan use the same belt?

Lastly, is it even possible to replace the bearing on the compressor without buying a whole new compressor? Another forum member posted something similar and said that our compressor was "not serviceable" in the thread here:
http://www.nissanclub.com/forums/2008-nissan-altima-coupe-discussion/454137-2009-altima-coupe-c-clutch-3-5-cvt.html

Any help is definitely appreciated. I obviously plan on replacing the whole compressor eventually, but I just wanted to explore other options before dropping $1,000 into it.

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Sounds like the AC clutch bearing is gone, not the compressor itself. another member recently replaced just the clutch pulley portion of the assembly on his coupe--pita but got it done for cheap.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts