The Nissan Club banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
need a little advice on what to check next. I have a 2009 Altima 2.5s the ac clutch is not engaging, the ac light comes on when you push the button, but I’m not getting any voltage at the compressor. Fuse is good. I did the possessed car self test thing. And I am pretty sure I could hear the clutch engaging so what could be the problems? What should I check next?

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
Refrigerant pressures (need gauges/professional help), check ambient temp sensor (ie what temp does car say it is outside). Your clutch and relay are fine based on above.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Refrigerant pressures (need gauges/professional help), check ambient temp sensor (ie what temp does car say it is outside). Your clutch and relay are fine based on above.
Okay. The outside temp is accurate as far as I can tell, never been like way off. So probably there is just a small leak into the system?

·
Registered
8 Posts
need a little advice on what to check next. I have a 2009 Altima 2.5s the ac clutch is not engaging, the ac light comes on when you push the button, but I’m not getting any voltage at the compressor. Fuse is good. I did the possessed car self test thing. And I am pretty sure I could hear the clutch engaging so what could be the problems? What should I check next?
If you have no voltage, your clutch won't engage. Did you test the voltage at the harness going into the compressor? Do you see the compressor turning or not?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Didn’t check volts. I did the self/ auto diagnostic test. And could hear/feel the clutch engaging. I filedl it up with some 134 with ac on max, till the clutch engaged. But nothing got cold. Drove around the block nothing. Checked pressure, clutch was still engaged and it was still about 25psi but had dropped slightly. Waited about an hr checked again and was below 20. Should I try a little of the refrigerates with sealer in it? Or is that just a bad idea? I’ve read mixed things about them.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Didn’t check volts. I did the self/ auto diagnostic test. And could hear/feel the clutch engaging. I filedl it up with some 134 with ac on max, till the clutch engaged. But nothing got cold. Drove around the block nothing. Checked pressure, clutch was still engaged and it was still about 25psi but had dropped slightly. Waited about an hr checked again and was below 20. Should I try a little of the refrigerates with sealer in it? Or is that just a bad idea? I’ve read mixed things about them.
Some shops won't even work on A/C if they detect sealant in the system. You or preferably an experienced auto A/C person needs to find where it is leaking and then fix it properly.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
X2, you have a leak. Proper a/c pressure not running up to 100 psi. DON'T use sealer, I used to sell it, only more problems with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts