The Nissan Club banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Just keep it clean baby!
230 Posts
I just did this and it solved my AC problems and I'll bet it would solve 99% of the complaints here.

I really think I have this same issue in my 14. It’s not cool until I’m driving. How did you find that soleniod? When I call the dealership , they don’t have that part, they only sell the entire compressor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
From what I can tell the SL and SV models compressors have the RCV solenoid where the Base and S models dont. I guess its part of the auto climate system the SL/SV's have and its likely the SV/SL owners with the most ac complaints due to this part failing.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Nice to own a trim level that doesn't have a solenoid with the potential to fail.
As the rich guy quips in the 80s film 'Trading Places' - "look at that S car go".

2014 2.5 S

·
Registered
3 Posts
2014 Nissan Altima owner;

My A/C keeps losing coolant. I'll have it refreshed with Dye and it'll work for like two weeks, and then I'll get in it one day and it'll just all be gone. The mechanics cannot find the dye anywhere.

Now I have a hypothesis that it's this solenoid causing the leak. It's been a while, but I think I started noticing loss of A/C after changing the climate control.

Did anyone else have a similar issue, or was it just blowing hot air at lights?? Because I would go back to the mechanic and they would tell me that there's no coolant in the system.

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's an interesting theory but surely you would see dye down there, have you checked?

·
Registered
3 Posts
So I've had MY mechanic look it over twice; didn't find anything.
I've had a friend of the family look it over with his dye equipment; didn't find anything.
Finally I took it to Nissan, who charged me $150 to tell me they couldn't find it either.

I think you're right that you would see dye coming out of where the solenoid is; others have mentioned the Schrader valve, and now I am really curious if that's it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
It's super weird, and I have no idea what I should be looking for; Maybe I do need a new compressor??
I'm just starting to feel like I am crazy because it's definitely leaking coolant somewhere, but every time I go to a shop they tell me the same thing; "Oh, it's just empty, we filled it up, drive it around for two weeks and let us know"; thanks for your money!!. It's frustrating.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts