The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I hope somebody can guide me to fix my problem.

I bought an altima 2015 SV 2.5 last week and I am noticing that the AC sometimes does work and sometimes it doesn't

I took it to Jiffy Lube and they checked the pressure, oz of Freon, etc. Additionally they vacuumed the system and recharged it. They say that everything is ok. The compressor is working, it has the right amount of oil, no leaks, etc. but it seems that something is blocking the system.

The AC works when the fan speed is set to low or I block air vents with my hands, I can hear the compressor kicking in and the low pressure line gets really cold. As soon as I increase the fan speed it turns off and the line gets got.

I checked the cabin filter and noticed that it was extremely dirty, I am not exaggerating. it had leaves, bugs, even small tree branches. So I proceeded to clean it and replace the filter. but it is still not working.

Any ideas about my AC problem?

L

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, I hope somebody can guide me to fix my problem.

I bought an altima 2015 SV 2.5 last week and I am noticing that the AC sometimes does work and sometimes it doesn't

I took it to Jiffy Lube and they checked the pressure, oz of Freon, etc. Additionally they vacuumed the system and recharged it. They say that everything is ok. The compressor is working, it has the right amount of oil, no leaks, etc. but it seems that something is blocking the system.

The AC works when the fan speed is set to low or I block air vents with my hands, I can hear the compressor kicking in and the low pressure line gets really cold. As soon as I increase the fan speed it turns off and the line gets got.

I checked the cabin filter and noticed that it was extremely dirty, I am not exaggerating. it had leaves, bugs, even small tree branches. So I proceeded to clean it and replace the filter. but it is still not working.

Any ideas about my AC problem?

L
What were the pressure readings? Could be an expansion valve? readings would help

·
Registered
108 Posts
Honestly the issue makes no sense to me.
AC works best with the best flow but from what you describe is the opposite.
Could this be a ambient temperature issue?
Does it have digital or manual climate control? Is it set to max cool at the lowest temp?
Would like to know pressure readings as well

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
5,466 Posts
There is a temp sensor clipped to the condensor inside the heater unit. If there are issues with it or the connection, it may be erroneously telling the compressor to switch off because it thinks it is icing up.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
About this Discussion
4 Replies
4 Participants
d0ugmac1
The Nissan Club
Welcome to Nissan Club, one of the largest Nissan forum communities. Discussion, reviews, maintenance and more.
Full Forum Listing