The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my wife heard a noise when running the AC and it got louder and louder and all of a sudden the blower quit. I pulled the blower motor and there was a bunch of leaves and........a mouse in it!!!!!! I thought it may have burnt the motor up so I ordered a new blower motor and installed it. It would barely come on and go off and on and off. I returned it for another one and the 2nd one does the same thing. I've checked blower motor fuses. It seems to work better on defrost. But on any speed on the AC, it barely blows and is intermittent. Also, the heat does not work at all. This is on a 2013 with the 2.5 SL and has the dual auto climate control. I had the parts house look up a resistor and relay and they show nothing for this model. Please help!!!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Have you checked the ac relay? What parts store did you go to? These cars been fairly new get parts or info on diagnosing. I found a what there calling an amplifier controller for the ac. It's a box behind the controls not sure if this will help but worth a try. Are you over your basic warranty? View attachment 78106 View attachment 78114
If all else fails take it to a small shop and have them diagnose the problem. They would be cheaper cause dealer hourly rate is $100-120 an hr.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
She already put 80k miles on it so no warranty. I have thought that we would probably just take it to a local shop for diagnositcs but was hoping someone here would have an answer. It's probably something simple that burned out when the mouse was hanging the blower motor.

·
Registered
346 Posts
They love to chew wires check for damaged wires. Before anything. See if you can see were it got in from. I have seen my share chewed wiring related issues.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
09 Altima 3.5SE 6MT Sedan
6,365 Posts
The motor's speed is controlled by a transistor module (which takes an input from the climage controls for motor speed) which could have been damaged. Otherwise, as suggested above, look for chewed wires...if it got most of the way through one or more wires, then the higher resistance (of the fewer remaining strands) would cause the effects you are seeing.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts