The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Altima has been fitted with struts with acceleration-sensitive damping. The struts, designed by Monroe, feature a spring-loaded sliding valve with a conventional damping orifice at it's end. When verticle acceleration of the wheel exceeds 0.50 g-when it hits a large bump or pothole, for instance-the mass of the valve act against the spring opening up an oil-flow bypass that reduces compression damping. Nissan claims the struts allow firm body control while reducing ride harshness over rough pavement.
--Car and Driver, 29th Annual New Car Guide (2000), page 37, Technical Highlight: Nissan

According to my brochure, I don't have these on my 2000 Altima. It says that they're on models with 16-in tires and I got a GXE with the 15-in steelies. Question, is it worth it to upgrade to these struts?

·
22,052 Posts
I would say no, based on the fact that they are monroe. If you plan to lower the car, or already have, you might not have the best of luck with monroe's, and you'd be better off with KYB's. That's what most of us have because it's the best that's available. Koni and Tokico and all those guys don't make any for us, so KYB is the best we can do.

·
Official Troll
7,780 Posts
Ry, you don't have the factory strut tower brace, either.

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
flarearrow said:
Ry, you don't have the factory strut tower brace, either.
LOL... i know i know...

·
Registered
28,959 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i emailed Courtesy Nissan and they told me that all the struts are the same..... so forget this topic.. ha...:D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts