The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have very poor take off speed. its not just with my chrome rims either, it happens with my stocks too. My car just seems to lack actual pick up. once I am in mid 1st gear, its perfectly cool, but getting there, is a lil slow. what can i do to correct this?

·
Registered
821 Posts
if its a manual maybe the clutch is getting worn out...

if it's auto try new plugs and rotor cap...tune up if its not ur clutch id go with a fresh tune up

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
my auto doesnt have that problem. When i launch it my car begin to swerve cuz its not getting all the power to the wheels. Ahhh the merits of living in a motor shop.:angel1:

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I just did a tune up, distributor, cap, rotor, plugs, wires, oil change, air intake replaced. i was thinking maybe my distributor isn't lined up right since its on that swivel. I personally can't tell from listening to the motor because i have never had it when it was in perfect condition. The distributor was messed up when i bought the car.

·
Rollin' On Jordans
657 Posts
altimas aren't fast....sorry, but i know from experience.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
put it on a timing light and set the timing if you think that is a problem.. You can get a timing light pretty cheap and it is good to have around..

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I don't think its the timing gear or anything like that. its the actual distributor, if i loosen it and turn it in either direction the motor changes its sound and its performance. Im just not sure where exactly I am suppose to have it lined up.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
TeamFreshstyles said:
I don't think its the timing gear or anything like that. its the actual distributor, if i loosen it and turn it in either direction the motor changes its sound and its performance. Im just not sure where exactly I am suppose to have it lined up.
exactly, when you swivel the distributor you are advancing or retarding the timing.. and if you have done that it is even more likely your timing needs to be set with a light...

·
Banned
2,285 Posts
Yes, t must be set with a light. When i first attempted this without one to which appeared decent by eye, it ran like absolute shit making noise like Nick Carter getting arrested. Then when i DID use a timing light and appropriated it, everything runs well now. Dont forget to run a higher octane fuel

·
Banned
822 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
one of the members in my car club is a mechanic and he has a timing light, ill ask him to check it for me one of these days when he is off of work. hopefully i can get it going on a better take off.

·
donor cycle
8,475 Posts
if you are willing to shell out some extra bread for gas, have him advance it a few degrees and run 91 octane or better.. (i had mine advanced 4 degrees and used 91 octane with no pre-detonation ever) that will make is a little more responsive :)

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
my car is slow as shit from 1000-2500rpm too. I hate it, then after 3000rpm it starts accelerating like it should, but below that the car really takes time to pickup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts