The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey Guys,

New product out for ya. This time around you guys finally have some shocks! These are custom made KYB AGX 8-way adjustable rear shocks. If you've never dealt with the rear shocks/springs on the Altima, it's really a breeze (take 15 minutes total to change everything out).

Anyways, for those that know anything about shocks, these KYB AGX's are awesome! For those of you that heard, KYB recently announced GR-2 shocks & struts for the Altima. For those of you that don't know, the GR-2's are meant solely for a factory replacement, and will ride just like that. With the AGX's we modified to fit the Altima, you can adjust it with 8 different settings, and if you want it to ride like stock, you can do so.

These AGX® Sport Adjustable Shocks have manual eight stage adjustable dampening which makes it completely on-the-car adjustable within minutes. With its competition grade engineering and construction, AGX® Sport Adjustable Shocks and Struts are perfect for sport enthusiasts and high performance drivers.
We are offering an introductory price of $199 right now. This price is awesome, so make sure to jump on it!

We will also be releasing custom made fronts in the near future if that's something you would be interested in.

You can find all the info and order the rears here:

http://www.activetuning.com/products/atpid8

ActiveTuning is proud to offer a custom modified version of KYB AGX rear shocks for the 2002+ Nissan Altima (2.5 & 3.5).

KYB uses its innovative design and advanced engineering to produce state-of-the-art shocks and struts that are recognized worldwide for their proven reliability and superior ride control. There is no comparison when it comes to KYB and other shocks and struts. Unlike other manufacturers, KYB inspects the quality of each and every part. That means fewer comebacks, more satisfied customers and a limited lifetime warranty rate that averages less than one percent.

KYB is the world's largest supplier of shocks and struts to vehicle manufacturers. KYB produces a variety of ride control products for use as original equipment and replacement parts in automobiles, motorcycles, light trucks, buses, rolling stock and industrial applications.

Count on KYB. World class shocks.

·
Registered
2,953 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
altimateone said:
Awesome! $199. for a pair right... cause shocks are normally sold each
You got it, $199 is for the pair. Again, this is an awesome unbeatable price, that you're not likely to see in the future.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thats a good price how long will that price last? Don't get paid till next friday is why I ask.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
wow this price is great, especially for a ready made application. I dont mean to kill the business, but some shops will retrofit kyb agx shocks for you, but the fitment will definitley NOT be as good as the ones that active tuning is offering. I'm pretty sure they put in a good amount of research and development into them.

I'm waiting for you guys to offer an HID kit, i hope thats next on your list! :)

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
dsuave624 said:
Excuse my noobness...

It says that these shocks are adjustable 8 ways, so by adjusting this, it makes the ride softer or stiffer? How many miles do these shocks normally last?
theses shocks can be adjusted to change the dampening force. Which essentially means, you have either have a really stiff sporty feeling ride or a smooth, stock feeling ride.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Nobody can say how long a pair of shocks will last. These will not change your ride height at all, but they will better damp suspension movement in the rear. Especially with lowering springs and a system in the trunk. Even on the lowest setting they are going to be stiffer than stock though. I run mine on 4 with a single 12 in a small box in the trunk and Sportlines. If I go on a trip with the kids in back I'll switch to 6. Never tried 8.

·
Registered
383 Posts
We will also be releasing custom made fronts in the near future if that's something you would be interested in.

Do you have any type of ETA on the fronts? I'd like to buy them all at once and would hope that your special price of 199.00 will overlap the intro price for the fronts.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
princeholiday said:
so you're saying altimat that if someone has 20's 245/35/20 with not the right offset that the setting on the shocks could possibly stiffen the ride so the wheels might not rub.....
They will limit your suspension travel over bumps and effectively reduce the frequency with which your rear suspension compresses to the point where you tires rub.

·
X-Mod
6,471 Posts
Re: Re: ActiveTuning Announces 02-05 Altima (2.5 & 3.5) Adjustable Rear Shocks!

SEO5 said:
Do you have any type of ETA on the fronts? I'd like to buy them all at once and would hope that your special price of 199.00 will overlap the intro price for the fronts.
It won't overlap the intro of the fronts. The problem with the fronts is that I need so many OEM parts to make the kit. A large amount of labor is involved as well. These two factors contribute to more than double the cost of the fronts vs. the rears., so I doubt I will actually sell them as a product.

If you want them, special arrangements can be made which will involve some sort of core exchange, or an upgrade service that will require your front suspension to be off for 7-14 days, etc.

·
carputer owns you
766 Posts
Nice I'm picking a pair of these as soon as I get some extra cash flow.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts