The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Woops, my mistake. Looks like he's stroked his 3.2L. Nevertheless, damned impressive. Those CL guys are pretty serious about modding their cars.

·
Banned
2,829 Posts
i would smoke him if i still had both my cars .. but not bad ...

·
614 Posts
He went into the motor and runs high 13's with traps only in the 101 mph range.....those r good times...but not when u have to spend 5 or 10'gs to run them, with that in mind they aren't as quick if u know what i mean .......cl's/tl's r just to heavy....but they sure look nice:)...gotta give the man props for tryyin...

·
I'll be dat
294 Posts
No he would not be in deep 13s. This is a great mod for the Acura. The Comptech supercharger has not lived up to all the hype.

Both can make the CL-S a under 14 sec 1/4 mile car easily. And hell no it is not a transplanted RL engine.

·
Import Tech.
4,670 Posts
Dang , the 3.5 Altimas are runnig high 13's with just a couple mods !!

·
I Don't Drive An Altima
1,083 Posts
Yeah, I have seen it. I hang out at Acura-cl.com too. Not as exciting as here though.... Alot of the people are older...

Check out this thread! A turbo 03 6-spd CL Type-S! Only running 5.5 psi and he is getting 345 whp and 319.8 torque at the wheels with the exhaust unbolted!

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=94394

·
Disproportionate Member
716 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
1SICKLEX said:
<snip> And hell no it is not a transplanted RL engine.
Okay, so he took the block from an Acura MDX. Sue me. It's still pretty damned cool.

Furthermore, it doesn't seem economically feasible to have two 3.5l engines from the same manufacturer based on different engine blocks. In fact, it's downright stupid. It's so stupid that they're probably the same block, so your nitpicking (without providing a useful correction or follow-up data, just nitpicking for the sake of being sardonic) can effectively be ignored.

·
Smashing slores
2,419 Posts
SHAWN said:
Dang , the 3.5 Altimas are runnig high 13's with just a couple mods !!
Yeah but we are 5-speeds, I think he was auto and if that was the case then it's damn impressive.

·
I'll be dat
294 Posts
Furthermore, it doesn't seem economically feasible to have two 3.5l engines from the same manufacturer based on different engine blocks. In fact, it's downright stupid. It's so stupid that they're probably the same block, so your nitpicking (without providing a useful correction or follow-up data, just nitpicking for the sake of being sardonic) can effectively be ignored.
Well, the 3.5 liter in the Acura RL is a POS. The car is a POS. 210hp, now 225 hp. The flagship car is way less powerful than the TL/CL. Not sure what they were thinking.

·
Registered
899 Posts
5-10K can get you MUCH faster with the right application :D

·
Gone but not forgotten
369 Posts
1SICKLEX said:
Well, the 3.5 liter in the Acura RL is a POS. The car is a POS. 210hp, now 225 hp. The flagship car is way less powerful than the TL/CL. Not sure what they were thinking.

I was thinking the same thing when the RL replaced the Legend. I think the Legend was pushing 230hp to the crank at that time and they only gave the RL 210hp and its in the same class as the LS430 and Q45. Acura has the new TypeR with about the same hp and I would have thought Acura would put a motor pushing 300hp in the RL.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts