The Nissan Club banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I couldn't really find any info on how to add fog lights to a 2019 Altima SR. Took some time researching and talking to the dealer to figure out what was needed. Just finished the install and wanted to share the parts I used.

1) LED 2019, 2020 Altima L&R aftermarket fog lights from eBay. $66.00 (OEM are $229.00 each)
2) OEM Nissan L&R foglight bezels 62256-6CA0B, 62257-6CA0B $79.62
I wanted OEM for fit and they're painted black, eBay ones look just to be bare plastic.
3) OEM Nissan Switch Assembly that has fog light switch 25560-6CA2C $99.92
4) Nissan U-nut spring 01241-0001X, fog lamp screw 08566-6205A you need 4 of each of these to mount the
fog lights $11.35

All OEM parts were purchased online. I shopped around till I found the best prices shipped.

The plugs for the fog lights are already inside the bumper. Once you install the new switch assembly they have power and it works as if it was from the factory that way. I disconnected the battery and waited 30 minutes before I started anything.

I removed the 3 Phillips screws hold the plastic cover around the column on. Then I removed the air bag after learning how in the following link
, then the steering wheel (using a T50 torx it doesn't require a puller you do have to man handle it a bit and it will come off. When its almost all the way off go easy so when it does finally come loose you don't snatch the clock spring with it as I did), then remove the clock spring, then remove the angle sensor. Now you can finally remove and replace the switch assembly. I took plenty of time with every step as I'm far from a expert. I just did a lot of research. Removing all this was new to me as in our older Altima the switch assembly came off without having to remove anything except the plastic cover.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I couldn't really find any info on how to add fog lights to a 2019 Altima SR. Took some time researching and talking to the dealer to figure out what was needed. Just finished the install and wanted to share the parts I used.

1) LED 2019, 2020 Altima L&R aftermarket fog lights from eBay. $66.00 (OEM are $229.00 each)
I wanted OEM for fit and they're painted black, eBay ones look just to be bare plastic.
4) Nissan U-nut spring 01241-0001X, fog lamp screw 08566-6205A you need 4 of each of these to mount the
fog lights $11.35

All OEM parts were purchased online. I shopped around till I found the best prices shipped.

The plugs for the fog lights are already inside the bumper. Once you install the new switch assembly they have power and it works as if it was from the factory that way. I disconnected the battery and waited 30 minutes before I started anything.

I removed the 3 Phillips screws hold the plastic cover around the column on. Then I removed the air bag after learning how in the following link
, then the steering wheel (using a T50 torx it doesn't require a puller you do have to man handle it a bit and it will come off. When its almost all the way off go easy so when it does finally come loose you don't snatch the clock spring with it as I did), then remove the clock spring, then remove the angle sensor. Now you can finally remove and replace the switch assembly. I took plenty of time with every step as I'm far from a expert. I just did a lot of research. Removing all this was new to me as in our older Altima the switch assembly came off without having to remove anything except the plastic cover.
Very good advice, I just have a couple notes, the hardest part for me was getting the blanks out...they are in there good, you need to pry the tabs from the backside on a corner and once you get it started ... force seems the easiest way to remove them...do not try prying it from the front or you WILL damage your paint on bumper. Next, as far as the steering wheel...you do not need to remove the wires from the air bag, just the ground wire (black) and then I unpluged the (black) connector from the clock ring. Just sit the air bag and the other stuff on your leg. The rest is as advised. Good luck, total time is around 1 hour. After complete you have factory fog lights on your car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very good advice, I just have a couple notes, the hardest part for me was getting the blanks out...they are in there good, you need to pry the tabs from the backside on a corner and once you get it started ... force seems the easiest way to remove them...do not try prying it from the front or you WILL damage your paint on bumper. Next, as far as the steering wheel...you do not need to remove the wires from the air bag, just the ground wire (black) and then I unpluged the (black) connector from the clock ring. Just sit the air bag and the other stuff on your leg. The rest is as advised. Good luck, total time is around 1 hour. After complete you have factory fog lights on your car.
Oh sorry, one more note...the new switch looks like there is an additional connection and you will see a spare wire taped inside your steering column....these ARE NOT USED (probably for sensor cruise control)...it will use only existing plug you took off your old switch assembly. Once you put everything back exactly like it was...except for the new switch with fog light control...you while see a visual indicator that your fog lights are on from your instrument panel when your lights are on dim...it goes out when you have your high beams on.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I agree with everything you said especially the blanks. They were a PIA. Brute force with your hands only! I would still suggest unplugging the air bag. That would ruin your day if it went off! I had a hell of a time finding the first spring to release the air bag as well.

Just a side note. I used the blanks from the ebay kit because they looked nice. I was washing the car this weekend and the driver side blank has big bubbling paint. I'm going to order the Nissan blanks today. Also, the ebay fog lights are yellow so I ordered the bright white 6000 from amazon and now they match the headlights.

·
Registered
3 Posts

fog lights $11.35

Thanks for the post. Was a pretty easy install with the parts you listed and videos. My 2020 Altima SR had a steering column bolt that needed a star or Torx bit. Wasn’t expecting that, so, had to make a short trip to the auto parts store to get the T47 size that would fit. It also had to have been dipped in LockTight during install, because it was a beast to get out. Everything now works just as you said, even though the technician I ordered the turn signal, switch from said it couldn’t be done on my vehicle.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thanks for the post. Was a pretty easy install with the parts you listed and videos. My 2020 Altima SR had a steering column bolt that needed a star or Torx bit. Wasn’t expecting that, so, had to make a short trip to the auto parts store to get the T47 size that would fit. It also had to have been dipped in LockTight during install, because it was a beast to get out. Everything now works just as you said, even though the technician I ordered the turn signal, switch from said it couldn’t be done on my vehicle.
Hey, is it T47 or T50?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts