The Nissan Club banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this info on another forum and I thought I would share.

I have a 2007 Sentra 2.0 base. The only option it came with is splash guards. I bought a used key fob off of eBay for $10 and now I have a working keyless entry!

I believe this works with both 07 & 08, but I can only confirm it on my 07. Here is how to check if it should work:

1. Close & lock the doors.
2. Insert and completely remove the key in the ignition 6 times in 10 seconds to get the to programming mode (the lights flash).

If the hazards flash you are good to go, then buy a KBRASTU15 key fob from eBay.

To program it: Nissanhelp.com

PCoyote

·
Two-Time Sentra Owner
27 Posts
Will this work with the trunk release? I have keyless entry on my '08 2.0S, but I really want the trunk release (Didn't think I'd want it as much as I do.)

·
Registered
23 Posts
keyless

Nope, the keyless entry won't operate the trunk if your vehicle didn't come with it already...our base models don't have the physical hardware to operate the remote trunk release. But the panic button (alarm), lock, and unlock functions work. I wish I would have known this before I bought a $200 remote entry/alarm system!

·
Two-Time Sentra Owner
27 Posts
One other question - looking at the instructions and the remote for my Sentra and my wife's Versa....it appears that I may be able to program a single remote to unlock and lock the doors to BOTH cars with a single remote (of course, the keys would be required to actually start it.) I have the Sentra programming instructions...anyone know if the Versa is the same programming method?

·
Registered
9 Posts
I LOVE YOU!!! I have been longing for keyless entry for so long. and I bought a pretty cool switchblade style key for it too. Thank you so much.
P.S. It works with an 08'

·
Registered
45 Posts
One other question - looking at the instructions and the remote for my Sentra and my wife's Versa....it appears that I may be able to program a single remote to unlock and lock the doors to BOTH cars with a single remote (of course, the keys would be required to actually start it.) I have the Sentra programming instructions...anyone know if the Versa is the same programming method?
The programming method has been a Nissan standard for many years.

However, I believe it is the car that is randomly generating a code and registering it to your remote, in the programming mode. (Similar to choosing a new code for a garage door opener.) In other words, 1 car can have up to 4 (or 5?) remotes programmed to it, but the reverse is not true. Otherwise you could cause headaches for car rental companies and dealerships by pairing your "master remote" to them whenever you rented one or took a test drive. (You could still do this if you wanted to buy some extra remotes just for that purpose, but I digress .....)

On the other forum, I don't think we ever clued into the fact that the base model has all the required h/w for remote locking except a servo for the trunk release. I guess that's because that component is sufficiently separate as to make it worth their while to delete it on the assembly line. Not sure whether a 4-button remote can be successfully programmed and the trunk key regarded as a dummy. Some people found they couldn't and had to buy a 3-button remote - but this may not be conclusive.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for posting this up.

Bought KBRASTU15 3-button remote from ebay for 10 dollars.

Brought laptop out to car and followed instructions on the posted site.

Works on 08 Nissan Sentra SL :):woot:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'm wondering whether it could be work with "keyless entry & start up"?
I got a Sentra 2.0S FE+ that have the convenience package.
Just carry the key without press button on the remote could open the lock and start up.
It's so good to have a spare key.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just ran across this forum.

We've been wanting to add keyless to our Sentra ever since we've had it. So, I ran outside and done the key-pump procedure and the hazards flashed so I'm guessing ours will probably work too!

Just ordered a 3 button fob from ebay for $15. Couldn't find any for $10 that were in decent shape. The only $10 one had the buttons worn off so I didn't want it.

Great forums, and awesome find!

·
Registered
1 Posts
I inquired with the dealership how much it would be to add keyless entry to my new 2009 Sentra. Needless to say, I wasn't expecting the $199.99 answer. Thanks to this forum and post regarding the key fob. I was able to order one on Ebay for less than $15 and had it programmed within 2 mins. Awesome! :woot:

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just did the test on my recently purchased 2010 Nissan Sentra 2.0, and got the flashing lights. So I am safe to assume I can purchase the remote on eBay?

Thanks for this information one way or another!

·
Registered
250 Posts
Wonder if this will work for my 1996 Sentra GXE?

it has power door locks on the driver's door panel...

hmmmm.... could be worth 10-15 bucks to try?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I just got my remote yesterday, and it work just as per the instructions in this thread. Needless to say am very pleased :). I have ordered two more, now that I know they work.

Militarydave, I did get mine on eBay, and most sellers state which year of car they work for; there are many types listed for the Sentra. Good luck.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Installing keyless entry, by a dealer or a garage

I did the test with the ignition key... can't get it to work. If the lights wont flash, can I still get keyless entry installed -- even if it'll cost me? Or am I out of luck?

·
Import Tech.
1,491 Posts
Did the same with my '09 Base and just had to add the trunk actuator and now I have a remote trunk also !!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts