The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search not much found. Can someone point me in the right direction. Wifey does not want anything changed yet since we just got the car. I want to add comps and a 10" sub. Comps will be Infinity Kappas and sub will be perfects... Thanks in advance for any help.......

·
Damn! I Drive a Civic
4,703 Posts
just to save you a little money, i suggest getting an adire audio "shiva". it would have more low end and its more efficent.
and it only comes in a 12 but you wouldent need a big amp for it, i got 100.2 rockford fosgate amp on mine and hits like all hell

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Hi m3dia_lab,

You say that you need a large amp for the shiva but you are only powering it with the rf 100.2? I am new to the audio world but isn't 100watts considered low?

I plan on picking up a Shiva in about a month and having rthompson make me the smallest box possible (to maintain trunk space) so is the RF 100.2 enough for me??

·
Registered
532 Posts
Add Subs to Bose w/ special Line out converter + remote turn-on

Add Subs to Bose w/ special Line out converter + remote turn-on
There is a company that makes a specially designed Line out coverter for our 6 disc bose radio and amp. It handles the differential bose signal. It will give a better quality output for your amp then say a standard line out converter.

The website is:

http://peripheralelectronics.com/2002/home.asp

I have spoken to the company and they recommend the "VENREM" Line out converter for the 2002-2003 ALTIMA

The converter also produces a 12 volt turn on signal for your amps. One less wire you have to tap into.

And you tap the wires going into your rear speakers to the input on the converter.

·
driven
1,110 Posts
Is a cube the best shape of box for a sub? How much does the shape of a box alter the sound characteristics of a sub.

If a box is rectangular does this alter the sound? I am hoping to mount the sub in a cubby hole or nook in the trunk of my 03 altima and want to minimize the depth to maintain space.

If working with fiberglass wasn't so intimitating I would like to mount the sub similiar to this pic...

http://66.197.70.62/registry/vehicles.php?vehicleid=1184

What do you suggest?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts