The Nissan Club banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Hal in Va near D.C.
187 Posts
idling and remote start

The car will happily idle all day long - no damage done.
If I had used remote start the other day
it would not have idled for hours when we
left in wife's car instead of mine!
Silly me , forgot I had started it and let it
run so as to achieve 'full operating temperature'.
Returned hours later. Still plenty of gas left
and no overheating. certainly no worse than
driving at speed for hours!

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
When I get in the Brake + Start will flash. The dealer showed me how to simply press the start button on the dash twice and I can drive off. Maybe this works with the factory remote starts ? Mine is a dealer installed aftermarket.
Interesting.. I will have to test this. But I know from before, if I try to shift the car into R after remote start and not pressing the brake and button, the car will shut off.

·
1,728 Posts
Interesting.. I will have to test this. But I know from before, if I try to shift the car into R after remote start and not pressing the brake and button, the car will shut off.
With the factory remote start, it turns off the engine as soon as you squeeze the release on the shifter, even if you don't move it, if you have not pressed the brake and start button. Not sure about other aftermarket solutions.

·
Registered
3,341 Posts
With the factory remote start, it turns off the engine as soon as you squeeze the release on the shifter, even if you don't move it, if you have not pressed the brake and start button. Not sure about other aftermarket solutions.
Yes.. I know.
But the member above me said he doesn't have to press the brake+start button, but instead press the start button twice and can shift into gear without car shutting off.. but I just saw he has an aftermarket remote start and not the OEM.. so that's probably why.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When I get in the Brake + Start will flash. The dealer showed me how to simply press the start button on the dash twice and I can drive off. Maybe this works with the factory remote starts ? Mine is a dealer installed aftermarket.
your car is exactly what I was going for in my car, except for the sunroof.
already got the rims, awaiting tires. jealous!

anyway, so after this OEM alarm is installed, how much does the dealer usually charge to program the fob? does the original key work with the new fob?

·
Registered
74 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Yea I'm interested in how much it cost to program the remotes at the dealer.

·
Registered
74 Posts
$69.95 to program both key fobs.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I installed the hardware myself.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the S model and did this upgrade search e-bay for a oem remote start kit and that consist of 2 key fabs and a hood latch.
I installed the hood latch myself just bolt on and plug in ,its a safety feature so you cant remotely start the car with the hood open.
Go to your local nissan dealer and have your 2 new fobs programmed now your done and ready to use the remote start feature.
Have been enjoying this feature during the hot summer months pre cooling the car or starting from inside the house.
Do you have to have two key fobs or can you just program one?

21 - 30 of 30 Posts