The Nissan Club banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone with the Bose system tapped into the existing inputs from the stock Bose amplifier located between the rear 6x9s.

I want to add a second dedicated amp and subwoofer and plan to tap into these for my inputs and power connections.

Also, if anyone has the wiring diagram for the rear amp would be appreciated.

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
I had a kenwood amp with a 10" MTX woofer/ box installed. It has the power ran seperate of the bose system from the battery. (4 guage) It is run along the driver side of car under kick board to the back of seat where amt is mounted. It get the signal from the bose amp. The amp input is taped into the rear deck mounted 6 x 9's. Just added some bass to an otherwise good system. Sorry no diagram.

·
Former Honda owner
71 Posts
yes, speaker level inputs are being used. as for the sound, i think it is great. not too much bass, just very crisp deep bass.

·
Frozen Member
411 Posts
i'm curious about the wiring diagram too, as I'll be giving mine the full treatment - already have the components, but I'll be tapping into the line outs before they get to the amp with an interface. Then they go to an EQ/X-over, then to 2 amps: a Soundstream 604 for the mids/highs and a Soundstream 700s for the JL 12w6 (i have 3 from my Civic, but i had to choose - wife or 1 sub.....). Just waiting for it to get warmer up here. It's no fun working in the garage when it's -20!!!!

·
Barkless Dog
801 Posts
I did mine a long time ago, I used a 10" Boston sub woofer with a JL 350 amp. It is connected to the rear shelf speakers. I set the bass on the head at 0, then use the sub for the bass. I also dynomatted the trunk. It sounds fantastic.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Hopefully

someone will get the wiring diagram so that the rest of us can add the subs. I know there used to be a program that stereo installers use that gave them the whole diagram of every car stereo out there. We just need to get our hands on it or someone needs to test all the wires from the Bose amp and let us know which ones to use. Well, I'll look more into this and hopefully have an answer soon...

-Matrix

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
speaker level inputs

I have purchased 2 speaker line inputs to run the following:

1- rockford punch 160_x4 ( 50x4)
1- alpine mrv-t300 (300x1)
2- 10" kicker comp vr's
2- 6.5 rockford power series midranges
2- 1" power series tweeters

1 4 guage power kit with distribution block.

I should be able to install all of this by next week. Still waiting on the kicker subs. All other material has been purchased.

*** also you have less signal interference when running a line out converter. Because for 1 you dont have 20ft of rca cable to get pinched,pulled,smashed etc. So it is actually a cleaner signal.

·
NO LIFE POSTER
252 Posts
Jabba99933 said:
i continue to read... yet for the most part have absolutely no clue what anyone is talking about :confused: ... Hehe oh well :D
jaaabbaaaa9999333,

If you dont want to remove your factory head unit because of looks, then there is some way you have to get a signal so a amp will turn on. A line output converter bascially connects into your speaker wire and thus converting the radio signal to a rca signal.

Easer way buy any radio that has rca plugs in the back and you are ready to install a amp.

·
aim: Nism025
282 Posts
Stock hook up

yeah i hooked mine up from the stock, only problem is that i always have to have the bass on -5. oh well, i'm probably hooking up a new deck and tv, so it'll sound even better than it does now!

·
Hazardously WASTED
1,370 Posts
Re: Stock hook up

Kaze101 said:
yeah i hooked mine up from the stock, only problem is that i always have to have the bass on -5. oh well, i'm probably hooking up a new deck and tv, so it'll sound even better than it does now!
why not just turn the gains on the amp down

1 - 16 of 16 Posts