The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while driving in the fog i noticed that my left headlight was way off. i had it replaced cause i hit a deer. i wanted to know how to adjust the headlight. or should i just take it back to the body shop and tell em to do the job right.

·
PrOuD To Be HaWaIiAn
3,416 Posts
hit a deer....:lol: did it live?

anyways, just adjust those two screws to the height of the other light.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i'll check the manual... thanks. o and the deer died, i hit it doing 75 on the highway. then someone else hit it. lol

·
Terrance and Phillip Show
1,378 Posts
^^ oh i forgot... did yuou take the deer with you... how was the rack on it (or was it a deer chick) at least make some sausage out of it and send it to all the members on the site:D:D

·
VTEC V6
211 Posts
I hit a deer with my Altima, too. I was only doing 50, though... I think it lived. It broke the grill, smashed the headlight, and caused the hood to fly up and smash the windshield and tear off the moonroof visor. $4400 worth of damage, but while it was being fixed the guy at the body shop painted my washer nozzles and mirrors body color and put a gold pinstripe on instead of the fading white one.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i hit a dot a month ago i think it was a golden retriever. Hit it at about 75 mph. I dont think there was much left. i didnt care to check. anyway it smashed my fog light(not much left of it), and it cracked my bumpe, but its on the bottom so you don't realy notice it, and a whole bunch of clips popped out. I tell ya when i hit that dog it was loud as hell man, i thought the damage would've been a lot worse.

·
xxx
291 Posts
catchuk said:
i hit a dot a month ago i think it was a golden retriever. Hit it at about 75 mph. I dont think there was much left. i didnt care to check.
you didn't care to check? that is an asshole thing to say. if someone hit my pet and didn't even have the courtesy to see if it was dead or not, i'd be pissed. watch where you are going and slow the fcuk down around dogs.

·
Evil Member
1,906 Posts
what if it was a opossum, my friend hit a opossum and i thought it was funny as hell, but when it came after me in my car i was like "OH SHIT" but it missed me, but i did see the poor guys face in my headlights and it brought a tear to my eye, poor lil opossum *sniff sniff*

·
dismember
11,347 Posts
i hit a pigeon ~30. i slowed down and i thought it flew away. i looked in the mirror and saw a fur ball tumbling down the street.

·
EAT IT
1,739 Posts
they look like a "sprocket" if you will. they are an off white looking color on my 98. take a medium size screw driver and turn. park your car facing the side of a building at night, and as you turn, you'll see the light beam move either up or down.

·
588 Posts
hit a crow once, but it just kept on flying even though it smacked irght onto my windshiel at 25 mph

·
'96 Max SE loaded
1,307 Posts
i hit a bird at 107, not much left

me my mom my stepdad stepsister and stepbro were all going to florida one time in my moms lincoln continental, this little deer started runnin across the road tryin to beat us and this suv, it tried to jump over the suv but hit the windshield on the passenger side while the suv was goin 70+, then it started flippin over in the air and hit the side of our car and broke off the side mirror, and then bounced over the top, it was kinda like watchin that part of baseketball where they are showin the roadkill movies

·
Own Joo
1,205 Posts
233kaltima said:
i hit a bird at 107, not much left

me my mom my stepdad stepsister and stepbro were all going to florida one time in my moms lincoln continental, this little deer started runnin across the road tryin to beat us and this suv, it tried to jump over the suv but hit the windshield on the passenger side while the suv was goin 70+, then it started flippin over in the air and hit the side of our car and broke off the side mirror, and then bounced over the top, it was kinda like watchin that part of baseketball where they are showin the roadkill movies
HAHAHAHAHAHHA poor deer, but HAHHAAHHA

·
Registered
73 Posts
actually when i hit the dog i was on the florida suncoast, speed limits 70, its a big empty stretch of highway in the middle of nowhere. no one lives around there. i dont dont speed thru town my friend.

·
1st Gen SE Lover
2,520 Posts
I've hit both a pigeon and a deer. :dunno:

The pigeon was on the interstate running through the city. He decided to get off the little wall in the center and fly away. Too bad he didn't check for traffic.

I slammed the brakes and he hit the windshield and kept flying. But the 18 wheeler in the next lane took him out.

The deer one was pretty scary. I was on the cell and coming back from ATL doing around 80. All of a sudden 2 deer decided to come out of the woods and cross the road.

Slammed the brakes and missed the first deer and caught the back end of the second one. Broke his leg pretty bad, but he limped off. No damage to my car, but scared the poop out of me.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts