The Nissan Club banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For everyone who wanted to know how to adjust the headlights, really easy. Once you get all the junk out of the way (the air box on the drivers side and the radiator overflow on the passanger side) you will see a 10mm bolt right in the middle of the headlight assembly. Yep, that is the headlight adjustment. I turned mine abuot 2 times and they adjusted way to low, so I had to do it several times before I managed to get it to the right spot. Now I know the spot on the garage door where I have to aim them.

Tools: This is where it gets a little tricky. You need the standard socket to get rid of the air box and radiator overflow. For the driver side, I used a 1/4" drive with a short 10mm socket. On the passanger side, I used a 8" extension for the 10mm socked and you can just about work it between the black wire bundle and the stem of the windshield washer fill pipe. After that you put on the socked wrench and adjust it to match the driver side. I suggest that you take everything off first and go between both sides to get the adjustment correct.

Now when you take a look at the nissan tech manual, they tell you that you have to take the bumper off. I guess this is so the body shop guys can make a ton of money if the front gets hit!

·
Registered
57 Posts
I used a long screwdriver to adjust the lights, the bolt has a small hole with teeth towards one side. Just stick in the screwdriver and turn to adjust. Using this method allows all the junk around the lights to remain intact and only takes a few seconds.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
WOW thats great. Mine has just a bolt without any slots or anything to turn except a socket. I am wondering, your able to access both sides without removing the radiator overflow or the air box? Perhaps the factory HIDs are a little different then the regular light assembly or perhaps someone relized it was a little difficult so they changed the design.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My car has the HID's and I guess that the adjustment is found only on them.
:(

1 - 7 of 7 Posts