The Nissan Club banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After living in NY all my life, i've never been pickpocketed, mugged, something stolen from me, etc.

On the subway on friday during rush hour, we were all crammed in and couldn't move. I kept feeling something on my bag (it's basically a backpack, but the ones that only have one strap that goes across your chest) but when i kept looking around, noone looked suspsicous or whatever. Anyway, my umbrella was strapped to it, tightly. When i got off the subway, it was gone. I said well it's about time... then i said bastards! :( lol. Thankfully, it was only a pos umbrella

That's my story. Gotta love nyc :D

1,407 Posts
You have a man purse?

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
a man purse?? :lol: I'm going to call it that for now on, that's awesome :D My oversized man-purse.

This is basically what it is:

·
Nissan tech in training
5,700 Posts
yeah, i just got one of those single strap backpacks, won it at an altimas.net meet :lol:

the one thing i love about mine is, ppl look at it, and call it totally gay, til i show them the ngk spark plug stitching...nothing manlier then spark plugs.

·
young & stupid
3,685 Posts

mine>urs :flip:

yeah i'm always paranoid and every while i'll pat my pockets to make sure everything's there....but now, u'll be doin that more since it's happened to u....did u report it to the cops:Dmissin umbralla yo

·
Registered
128 Posts
In Romania, they don't bother picking your pockets anymore. They just have very sharp knives and they slash the pockets of your jacket and catch whatever falls out.

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
:lol: that sucks Chris.. I havent had anything stolen from me in 4 months in the city. The last thing that was stolen from me was the bottom portion of my steering wheel club. I left my windows down while I ran upstairs in my apartment and came back down and I didnt notice until later on that day, that it was gone....

·
Be very afraid...
5,464 Posts
:( that you got jacked, :lol: that it was just your umbrella. Was it raining out at the time? What was the thief's motivation?

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
From what i hear, people do that here too. They'll slash the bottom of the bag and grab whatever.

And bobby, lol, mine is all black and *paris hilton voice* hot looking unlike the one pictured :p

·
Sarcastic Member
3,548 Posts
Creature said:
:( that you got jacked, :lol: that it was just your umbrella. Was it raining out at the time? What was the thief's motivation?
Forecaster's swore up and down that it was supposed to rain like nothing else, but Friday was beautiful..... But Saturday.... I think all Fridays rain waited for Saturday and poured like hell....

·
4,020 Posts
Always carry my suit wallet (longer then wide - unlike normal wallets) in my front pocket and never carry more then $20.00 cash. Plastic can be replaced, cash cannot.

·
14,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, i was mostly pissed because i knew if it started raining, i would have to pay like $15 for an umbrella. Thankfully it didn't :D

And i always carry my wallet in my front pocket. I would be so paranoid someone would grab it from my rear pocket.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts