The Nissan Club banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my car towed because of street cleaning and I didn't realized when I parked the car. Now the car is making squealing noises when it goes over small bumps. Is this normal or could the car have been damaged by the towing truck? Just got my 98 Altima used 2 weeks ago and I didn't notice the noise before the tow.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for suggestions

Thanks for the suggestions, your help is greatly appreciated. I'm new to the forum and don't know much about cars in general. I'll take it to a mechanic and have them look it over.

·
Shadetree Mechanic
6,095 Posts
I was towed last year and had to have my control arms replaced after because they were bent. I think it's cause they hooked it to them. I insisted on a flatbed but they didn't care and towed it with a regular truck when I left:(

·
KOREAN... FOREVER...
788 Posts
right after i bought my brand new alty... i was doing some turns and i didnt want to mess up my alignment and didnt turn enough on really curvy road... resulting hitting a curb really hard... and going into a ditch... ever since then my car made that noise too... i mean i first didnt notice it because i always had my system turned up all the way... ^^ but i started to hear it every time i go over a bump... i took it to nissan and they said "your strut is deformed!!!" well... they replaced it as a warrenty work... haha... i used the dealership... maybe it's your struts... go check it out...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts