The Nissan Club banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i was wondering if just putting on an aftermarket muffler and keeping the original piping would enhance the sound of the exhaust at all on my 98 nissan altima gxe? i was thinking about getting a bomb exhaust muffler with a silencer and was wondering if it would do anything at all? any help?

Also, What size opening is the best for the best sound while keeping the right amount of back pressure and not screwing my mpg?

·
8,112 Posts
Yes it will change the sound of your ride. I have a 4 inch tip and its great. Nice deep sound. Not loud. Its just what i needed/wanted. Also, the bigger the tip the louder (i think). -TP

·
Registered
211 Posts
i agree...but i think that the bigger the tip the "deeper" the sound...i see a lot of 2.5" or lower tips out there that are very loud...but the quality is $hitty as hell....i think a 3" would be okay...just get a good brand....
as far as performance...umm...people say that it adds 2-3 hp...but i dont believe it...
if you're changing it...why not go all the way....get a test pipe or somethin...go all the way!

·
Registered
2,822 Posts
i have just a muffler(ractive) definetly makes the car have a more deeper/louder sound-----no horse power gain on mine-lol

·
1,592 Posts
i got a tsudo rsr 2.25in inlet and a 4in tip. it produces a deep tone thats not too loud, but definitely noticeable(sp?). i say that i didn't gain enough hp to even notice, but that is w/ stock piping.

·
Speaker of the Dead
637 Posts
The bigger the muffler body the quieter the sound, generally. My Apexi N1 rocks, throaty and deep. The best part is that you don't even notice it until you put your foot in the throttle. PEACE:p

·
renwO amitlA duorP
774 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
dude, those 10" tips are insane.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts