The Nissan Club banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Evening,

I own a 2006 S - Special Edition and apparently I bought the car with a leaking head gasket (internal Cylinder #3) the only code my car throws is a P2A00 Power train fault (guessing the upstream 02 sensor is picking up the small amount of antifreeze my engine is burning) I only discovered the actual cause of the issue after 5-6 rough starts where the engine would miss for 4-6 seconds then run fine (presumably burning the coolant leaked into cylinder #3 while it sat)
Anyway, I've decided to rebuild my engine since I love and have highly modified my car. So I've order a remanufactured head, Timing chain & cover, oil pump, water pump,
Additionally water pump housing, water inlet pipe, both thermostat housings (I think one is referred to has a "water Outlet") to have these components sent to powder coating to match the rest of the engine which is House of Kolor Candy pearl pink.
I want to upgrade the Head Gasket from the standard Nissan OEM one I have found a few options that show promise but would like feedback if anyone has gone with an after market upgraded Head gasket or should I just stick to the one that seems to fail every 80K-120K miles?
The two I've found are:

Siruda Metal Head Gasket 89.5mm / 1.5mm Nissan QR20DE/QR25DE
COMETIC HEAD GASKET: NISSAN QR25DE FWD '02-'06 90mm/.030"

Also, these two references are throwing me off
89.5mm / 1.5mm vs 90mm/.030

Any comments. thoughts suggestions are welcomed thank you

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
The 89.5 and 90 mm. thing is the bore and I'm guessing either will work in that respect. the other number is how thick and measure yours. 1.5 mm. is one .060" thick and of course the other is half that or .030" thick.

One millimeter is .040" thick, .0393" actually.

If it fits as far as thickness can't go wrong with Cometic.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks...why do you say cant go wrong with a Cometic?
Just trying to exceed OEM standards and I truly believe the OEM Head Gaskets are the weak point of these engines

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
Cometic is the choice of a lot of high-perf engine builders, I used them in hot rod bikes before they made product for cars.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
@amc49 Thank you, I spoke with there tech department to make sure im ordering a gasket that is the exact same thickness has the Nissan OEM Part
Cometic part# C4615-030
appreciate your advice

1 - 5 of 5 Posts